First Two Tumbling Results

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Old man digger

Reaction score
I started with this Pat. D Coke I found in a creek. Lots of scratches and small pits all over it. 3 days in 1200 grit and 2 days in polish. It looks good but didn't quite get all the pitting in glass. Guess I should have ran two more days in the 1200? The Jacksonville soda bottle looks awesome. It was mostly just cloudy so spent 3 days in polish. I tried cleaning this one by hand and it did nothing to clear it up. It still has some scratches but i was more interested to see how tumbling would get the cloudiness out of bottle. Looks great to me.
Maybe that is all it will clean up. Don't be so critical on your attempts.

slickfinish

Reaction score
I seem to get different results then most others & seem to use different techiniques, I've tried others advise like slickfinish's above & that just don't work for me. not sure why? Jar Doctors advise didn't work for me either? LEON.
After i rinse the bottle,I put it in a cat litter bucket with water and muriac acid. Fill the bucket with enough water to completely cover it. I add a cup or so to the water. After a short immersion, I drain the bottle back into the bucket and fill it with water in a similar bucket. Helps having a cat or 2.the tidy cat buckets are ideal as they have lids. Ever have an broken air bubble on the inside with the dark foam? Fill the bottle with full strength muriac higher than the bubble, cork it and see.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac