Fits so well.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I have been getting the Grolsch plastic stoppers. I wanted to use the hardware and replace the plastic with porcelain. I was playing around with a hobble skirt Coca-Cola and found the Grolsch stoppers and hardware are a perfect fit. It looks freaky, I'll admit.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

• 20211009_112127.jpg
    20211009_112127.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
  • 20211009_112119.jpg
    20211009_112119.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I have been getting the Grolsch plastic stoppers. I wanted to use the hardware and replace the plastic with porcelain. I was playing around with a hobble skirt Coca-Cola and found the Grolsch stoppers and hardware are a perfect fit. It looks freaky, I'll admit.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Porcelain stoppers are a nearly universal closing device. The piece holding the stopper in place I believe is called the bail. Don't hold me to that. Anyway those are made in different lengths to accommodate different lips. Dip those wires in liquid gun bluing to give them a nice patina so they look more age appropriate to the old bottles.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Porcelain stoppers are a nearly universal closing device. The piece holding the stopper in place I believe is called the bail. Don't hold me to that. Anyway those are made in different lengths to accommodate different lips. Dip those wires in liquid gun bluing to give them a nice patina so they look more age appropriate to the old bottles.
I remember your much appreciated pro tip. I have learned a bit messing with these wires and stoppers. I figured out that wire loop that hold the stopper can be squeezed to lengthen if too tight. Also the tie wire can be placed coil up and give you another 1/8 inch of space. Every part can be stretched or squeezed to make them fit. I hope this makes sense. Lol!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

matthew lucier

Reaction score
I remember your much appreciated pro tip. I have learned a bit messing with these wires and stoppers. I figured out that wire loop that hold the stopper can be squeezed to lengthen if too tight. Also the tie wire can be placed coil up and give you another 1/8 inch of space. Every part can be stretched or squeezed to make them fit. I hope this makes sense. Lol!
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Talking about stoppers, I have a rubber stopper that was given to me, it was said they used to seal their pop bottles with it. It looks like a boat plug only smaller. Have you ever heard of such a stopper for pop bottles? It does fit and seals well. I'll have to find it to get a pic.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I think I do remember 7up had one. Your sounds older and much cooler.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi