Fitzgeralds Beer Troy, NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shayheg

Reaction score
My uncle thought it would be several hundred dollars. I don't know much of antique beer bottles but one would think a 60 year old unopened 6-pack with case in near perfect condition would be worth a lot more. I guess there's not a high demand for this brand.

hemihampton

Reaction score
In the Beer Can World a full old Beer can to most People adds ZERO to the Price for most People, Actually most will drain a full old beer can. I drained about 50 old 1940's & 50's Full cone top Beer cans & many many old Flat Top cans from 1940's & 50's. Most knowledgable Collectors know this, only the non Collectors think they are worth much much more full. LEON.
oe600glass.JPG
conepyramid.JPG

shayheg

Reaction score
It seems antithetical to the general world of collectors and buyers of antiques because they always want the item to be as close to its original appearance and condition as possible. Therefore, I was surprised that having the beer in it has no effect on the value in the antique bottle subculture. But I admittedly don't know shite- I had

shayheg

Reaction score
I used to think I was gonna be rich from a 6-pack of coke bottles from 1980 Winter Olympics Lake Placid. It was like a special collectors item with the olympic rings logo on it. Apparently, its not worth jack.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Thats the case with Beer Cans. I can only assume the same with Bottles. I got 300 full Bottles also from the 1940's & 50's. I'd sell for $1.00 each & someone can drain them & use them to Bottle their Home Brew. Fact is most Beer Bottles & most Beer Cans from the 1960's+ are not considered old Antiques or rare by most knowledgable advanced Collectors. The older the better. I know alot of Bottle Collectors that only Collect pre 1900 Bottles & consider anything after 1900 pretty much worthless. I disagree with this & have many post 1900 Blob Tops & Hutch's. It seems that about the only stuff Collectable after 1920's to 1960's is ACL Sodas, Art Deco Sodas & Milks. I'm sure others will totally disagree with this. Some People in here love 1960's Ketchup Bottles & 60's Miracle Whip Jars. Just my opinion. others will vary. LEON.

bottlesgroup1 - Copy.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
My uncle thought it would be several hundred dollars. I don't know much of antique beer bottles but one would think a 60 year old unopened 6-pack with case in near perfect condition would be worth a lot more. I guess there's not a high demand for this brand.

Like I said before, if only there were late 1930's early 1940's Fitgerald J-Spout Cone Top Beer Cans in excellent shape then these would be worth Thousands$$$. I got Beer Cans worth Thousands & the exact same thing in a Bottle only worth $10 or $20 bucks. LEON.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Heres some photos of the bottles. My brother took the pics and i told him to make sure he captures any fine print on the label but he says there wasn't any. My parents called the Fitzgerald company, still in business but just as a distribution, and told them they had they decades old six pack and offfered to donate or sell it to them. They don't seem interested because they never returned my parents call. Now they dont know what to do with it. Uncle Bruce says its only worth like 50 bucks, it would cost almost that much to ship it to a buyer. Plus i dont think u can mail alcohol unless theres an exception for antiques.
There is no zip code on the labels. Zip codes were introduced in 1965 so they are definitely older than about 1967. So they are over 50 years old.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac