Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Five for Friday!

JKL

Mar 20, 2018
Kitchener Ontario
I love this thread. So many excellent bottles and cans!!
Here are five bottles I added the past week and a half.
Orange Crush NDNR Amber. salute to Canadacan
Webb's Stone Ginger Beer - BillHaddo talked about this recently
Husky Beverages (Kirkland Lake) RCO talked about this recently
Frosty Nip (Hamilton)
America Dry Ginger Ale - Mint bottle
IMG_0876.JPGIMG_0873.JPGIMG_0858.JPGIMG_0861.JPGIMG_0879.JPG

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
Frosty Nip (Hamilton)
View attachment 224432View attachment 224433View attachment 224434View attachment 224436View attachment 224437
did mention Husky Kirkland Lake . do have that bottle and the frosty Nip

found a clear ND crush a couple weeks ago but never an amber , found a broken webb's a few years ago but don't have one .

that America dry looks early , not sure what year it started here ?

Reactions: JKL

mrosman

Jan 27, 2016
Beautiful display, Ivan.... do you have the amber O.C. with Mr.Crushy left? As you know, these are described on p.44-48 in my book and are indeed, as special 'category' of O.C. bottles with a tremendous number of variants. Well done... Michael

Attachments

mrosman

Jan 27, 2016
Hi JKL.... nice display. Your amber 'throw away' Orange Crush bottle is very rare... hang on to it. As well it is a bit unique being bilingual. Not all Canadian bottle were so on the same bottle prior to the Mae West style introduction.....

Attachments

Newfie treasure hunter

Apr 24, 2021
Newfoundland canada
I've never seen that one before , did a search online all I could come up with was a government of Canada publication from 1957 on carbonated beverages . lists all the known bottlers at the time .

is a listing for " lakeside bottling co ltd " Channel

assuming ? channel is channel port au basques newfoundland as that's in western newfoundland
Yes that is what I think aswell. Yeah I did hours of research and only found that one document that you mentioned. I'm out digging for bottles now actually!

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
Yes that is what I think aswell. Yeah I did hours of research and only found that one document that you mentioned. I'm out digging for bottles now actually!
does it say ' Channel " or lakeside bottling co on the bottle ? whats on the back , usually you can still read that paint even if its faded off

I've never heard about there being a bottler in that town but considering its size and distance from rest of province , does make sense that it had one

also planning to go out digging this afternoon , weather actually nice today

Donas12

Apr 11, 2020
Frosty Nip (Hamilton)
View attachment 224432View attachment 224433View attachment 224434View attachment 224436View attachment 224437
Those are great bottles !

Newfie treasure hunter

Apr 24, 2021
Newfoundland canada
does it say ' Channel " or lakeside bottling co on the bottle ? whats on the back , usually you can still read that paint even if its faded off

I've never heard about there being a bottler in that town but considering its size and distance from rest of province , does make sense that it had one

also planning to go out digging this afternoon , weather actually nice today
The company was lakeside bottling Ltd and it was in fact from channel port au basque suprizingly. On the back it reads;
"A high quality product, made from the finest ingredients, min. Contents 6 1/2 FL oz. Property of the LAKESIDE bottling co. Channel nfld. This bottle is on deposit

Newfie treasure hunter

Apr 24, 2021
Newfoundland canada
Ok back on point!...hahaha!.. I'm late to my own party!...but you wont be disappointed with this 5 for Friday
Five Canadian Whistle's!View attachment 224469
Ooh that's some nice bottles! I am in the process of gluing together an old stoneware molasses jug and I began today. Hope you guys have a great evening with your bottles!
20210501_154840.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrashMaster