Five for Friday!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here it is. This comes from 2 different Cities. Dayton Ohio & St. Louis Missouri. The small ones rarely seen & when you do see them most are from Dayton. Mines the rarely seen St. Louis variation. only 3 3/4 inches. small enough to hold in the Palm of your hand. No Damage.. LEON.
Harters.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
A little late on but I have a few to show off. Not really sodas or beers, but some localized bottles either found in nearby abandonned buildings or dumps. I'm quite new to this kind of thing too so tell me if I'm wrong.View attachment 225209View attachment 225210View attachment 225212View attachment 225213View attachment 225214

the Browning Harvey jar is kind of interesting , not sure I've seen many jars with an acl image . they were also the newfoundland pepsi bottlers I recall reading that a while back

seen the Keep Kool bottle many times before they must of been one of the main bottlers there

not at all familiar with Bennett Brewing co , find a lot of stubby beer bottles without labels in Ontario

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
If you like Little Sample Bottles I got a Little Harters Sample that would go good with yours if Interested? Let me know? LEON.

Not seeing my response here, Leon, so if it shows up 2 times, switching back and forth between my iPad and iPhone has done it to me again! Well, yes, I’m interested? Could you maybe grab a pix? Cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
You must be from California, Dutch LunchView attachment 225187 & Acme were common California cans. LEON.

It shows?! Lol! Yes... both, I thought, were cute. Especially seeing the labels for the first time, out from under the rust, after soaking them off. Bought the first house, and had to choose between leaving all the cool beer cans or all the bottles I dug out there, so I left all the beer cans which probably were knocked down with the old place. Sad, looking back, but the first house was only 1200 sq ft. mistakes in hindsite... I have a few regrets. I think our kind of regrets are worlds different from nermal peoples regrets! Like leaving the ground covered in old tobacco tins, all in great shape? And going back years later to see them rusted out- or leaving hundreds of big old coffee jars, like I’ve never seen since- I took 1 for a piggy bank, only, but those were 1/2 gallon sized with the neat vintage fancy lids? Oh, well!

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Here’s my 5 for Friday. All except one are from Canadian provincial capital cities
Left to right: View attachment 224351
Whitehorse, Yukon
Edmonton, Alberta
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hull, Quebec (not the capital)
St. John’s, Newfoundland

Those are all SO different than any I’ve ever seen here. Really neat. I especially like the center one- Lee’s soda. Lots of thought went into that, I bet! (Like, I made it, ma! My names on a bottle”)

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
5 Michigan Art Deco Soda's. LEON.View attachment 225160

You always bring the best bottles- and just skunk me with the cobalt Hutches- and all the cone tops, and other cans- would just get lost in your collections. I, too, have collections... some say it’s hoarding... some say it’s a museum... I like what I like and find it, right? Lol!

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score
the Browning Harvey jar is kind of interesting , not sure I've seen many jars with an acl image . they were also the newfoundland pepsi bottlers I recall reading that a while back

seen the Keep Kool bottle many times before they must of been one of the main bottlers there

not at all familiar with Bennett Brewing co , find a lot of stubby beer bottles without labels in Ontario
Yeah the browning harvey also has an embossed partridge on the back. You are also right about the Pepsi destributors. Bennet brewing co was basically just the main stubby here in nl. Back around 1970 or 80. Keep kool was made in st johns, corner brook, and out somewhere in central in three divisions. Quite cool looking bottles non the less

hemihampton

Reaction score
Not seeing my response here, Leon, so if it shows up 2 times, switching back and forth between my iPad and iPhone has done it to me again! Well, yes, I’m interested? Could you maybe grab a pix? Cool!

I'm a little confused here, Have no clue what your talking about? are you saying you didn't see my Picture I posted of the little Harters in post #111 ????????

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah the browning harvey also has an embossed partridge on the back. You are also right about the Pepsi destributors. Bennet brewing co was basically just the main stubby here in nl. Back around 1970 or 80. Keep kool was made in st johns, corner brook, and out somewhere in central in three divisions. Quite cool looking bottles non the less
I really like that Browning Harvey jar too, never seen an ACL jam jar before and it's great that it's a Newfoundland jar. Anything marked with a Newfoundland company is going to be at least relatively uncommon. I don't remember ever coming across anything from out there before.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18