Flea Market Find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

2find4me

Reaction score
Stories like these are making bottles more higher priced at flea markets and yard sales down here. Yesterday I saw a couple of chipped up acl cokes for $20 a pop. Am I the only one that this happens to? Can't find any reasonably priced bottles around here anymore... [:(]

glass man

Reaction score
I am still looking for that amber Willington 14 inch CATHEDRAL PICKLE BOTTLE ..mint and for 50 cents!! I admit I have had my share of good finds over the years...but not great ones!!JAMIE

antlerman23

Reaction score
I just recently got a late 1700s mallet bottle for $20 at a flea market... that was a pretty good score. predates Minnesota statehood by 60 years!

epgorge

Reaction score
That is an awesome story and a spectacular find. Moxie was an original nerve food too and from the 1880's. Competition for the market? I agree about prices on bottles. It is almost as if people who don't know the price of a bottle, place high prices on most anything these days just in case it may be valuable. Though, it probably is not. I always ask if the merchant or antique dealer has a box of old dirty bottles in the back that I can rummage through. Many times they do and they are quick to let me see them and it usually comes down to a sale for them. I now have a couple of them who call me when they get a bottle in so I can give them my opinion on what it is and what its value could be. Its a Win Win for all!!Ep

sunrunner

Reaction score
is he selling the bottle or the label?.because the bottle it self isn't much,for a glass collector not worth the price.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky