Fort Pitt Beer Can From WW2

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

West Coaster

Reaction score
I saw a post a few days ago from someone interested in old beverage cans. I though I would post this with a story of how I came upon it. A friend of my fathers found the can on one of the ten "Hulks Of Powell River" in the 70's. The Hulks are ten WW1 and WW2 Supply ships. They are linked together and form a breakwater around the Pulp & Paper Mill in Powell River British Columbia. This fellow found this can while servicing or checking the bilge pumps on one of these retired vessel's. My understanding is the can was only made in the Army Green Color for a year or two during WW2. That's why they are so hard to find. I've seen them go from $200.00 to $600.00 for a clean specimen with no rust. One would never expect to find a can such as this on the coast of British Columbia but when these warships were recommissioned it was right in our front yard. Anybody interested in finding out more about the "Hulks" can find the info by searching "Hulks Of Powell River"
Fort Pitt.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score

hemihampton

Reaction score
No, didn't bother going the PM Route, I have no Interest in the can as it seems sentimental to him. Sentimental Items are priceless to many people.

West Coaster

Reaction score
Very cool story. Neat can. Interested if it's for sale.
Hi, Never really been much of a seller. I'm more interested in glass or advertising items so I guess a trade for something is possible. I like old fruit jars especially. Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora