found a $20 dollar bill in a park

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VernorsGuy

Reaction score
My wife and I visited our son in Denver two months ago. We took the train from the airport to downtown Denver. Getting off the train I spotted something on the ground. 200!!! Unfortunately, it was two 100 peso bills. Worth about $8. But, $8 is $8!

mrosman

Reaction score
Who uses money anymore? Its all credit cards etc.

opmustard

Reaction score
I used to have a gallon fruit jar that I saved all my found money in. The most I found (in bills) was a 5$. The best place to find a lot of money (coins) was at any University that had parking meters.
Now a days, I rarely find any money, we seem to use plastic instead of cash.
opmustard

ronkusa

Reaction score
Always fun finding bucks. Searching around with my metal detector I've found a lot more of everything (including bills)on the surface. Go figure!

4oregonz

Reaction score
While walking the dog I have learned over the years to watch the ground around bus stops in the spring as the snow melts. I find more than a few bucks every year. Found money always brings joy!
No joy for the person who probably never knew they lost it!!

Reactions: JKL

margclearlake

Reaction score
I went to check out our lake that was down by about 500 feet off its original coast right when the thaw was happening and dragged my reluctant ex husband with. 30 seconds in he finds a frozen $100 and then wants to go home. that man could find money all the time in the street. a $20 on Melrose Ave when we really needed it. always in the gutters. I guess I should keep him around, but I have a theory, he loses money right and left and its just the universe paying him (or me) back.

Bohdan

Reaction score
had to go up north the other day and briefly stopped at a small lake front park to see what was there , didn't really find anything but near the parking lot where snow was melting I found a golf ball and nearby I spotted a Canada $20 bill

its not entirely uncommon to find money in the spring , usually its small coins but oddly very few coins this year , I've only found a couple compared to other years when I'd find many . although our paper money is made of a plastic like material so it can survive outdoors much longer

I have found $ 5 and $ 10 dollar bills before but first $20 in a while . I had found a damaged paper one swimming years ago and recall bank didn't want to give me anything for it until they had it checked out but eventually I was credited with the money .View attachment 222842
And this was in a vintage bottle???

margclearlake

Reaction score
my mother also could find money on the street. once we were driving and she commanded me to get out and get the wallet in the middle of the road. it had about $3,000 and a drywallers license in it. this was before internet so I was all pissed that i would have to spend the rest of my day tracking this guy down. so about 2 hours later and 5 miles away we pull up to a stop light and I notice white powder all over this guys truck. I said, are you so and so and did you lose a wallet and he said yes, so I flipped the wallet to him. Gee, I really hope it was the right guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu