Found a bottle at a estate sale I don’t know what it is

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoJackDaniels

Reaction score
I paid 4 dollars for it I cannot find anything on the bottle. On the bottle it says recistered dickson an Harrison Sussex N.J content 7 fluij oz. can anybody help me find out what it is
image.jpg

Last edited:

yacorie

Reaction score
There are a ton of local soda bottlers out there from this timeframe. Usually if you can’t find anything on it - you have to look through the directories

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
Beer or soda, looks early. If that top is applied,as it looks to be in your pic, its probably around 1900.

sandchip

Reaction score
Here are the tops of two Hood's Sarsaparillas, applied and tooled. Both hand blown. Note that on the tooled, the mold lines or "seams" are erased for a little ways down the neck below the top. Best I can tell, yours is tooled. Most crown tops like yours are tooled or machine made, very rarely applied. Hope this helps.

hoodsA2.jpghoodsT2.jpg

EvansBottles

Reaction score
I thought I'd chime in again. there seems to be a lot of incorrect information given out on this site. The bottle in question is a tooled lip crown top soda. Not an applied top. American crown tops are not old enough to be applied. Although you will see some British crown tops that are.
The British made applied top bottles far later than here in America. As far as rarity is concerned. That will be determined by local interest.

Mark W Evans

ulpilotrmh

Reaction score
How about a pic of the bottom? This is always useful in identifying a bottle, even if the bottom is plain.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis