Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

found a Dr Pepper and Schweppes Raspberry stubby bottles

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
found 2 unusual stubby pop bottles in the last week , realise there not really that old but both are not common finds for this area . Dr Pepper didn't really get popular here until the mid 90's , it wasn't common here like it would be in the US until very recently . think this is only the second time I've found a dr pepper stubby bottle

this bottle isn't in great shape , it only has 1 good side , was able to get a picture of it , still a lot of colour but none on the other side .

DSC01561.jpg

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
also found a Schweppes Raspberry bottle ,not in good shape but was able to get a nice picture of the one good side , that still had most of the original colour

not sure when they first introduced the raspberry flavour , didn't realise it was still available but seemed to be some on google

haven't seen this bottle before or ever seen a glass bottle for the raspberry flavour

DSC01571.jpgDSC01570.jpg

Screwtop

Sep 1, 2018
Carter County Kentucky
I haven't found those brands yet, but I have found plenty of others. Mountain Dew and Pepsi: It's like the folks who live here can't live without it, because I keep tripping over Mountain Dew and Pepsi stubbies in the woods.

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
I haven't found those brands yet, but I have found plenty of others. Mountain Dew and Pepsi: It's like the folks who live here can't live without it, because I keep tripping over Mountain Dew and Pepsi stubbies in the woods.
I'd imagine Mountain Dew and Pepsi would be common finds in Kentucky . I do find pepsi bottles here on a regular basis . but not very many mountain dew bottles , found a stubby a few years ago but not seen any others

did find a mountain dew no deposit bottle this summer , might of seen my post about it in this section

FindingGoodies

Sep 10, 2018
the best finds are the ones you do by yourself, that's how you get in to digging. Those are cool regardless of the time period:D

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
And they are still surviving!...cool find btw, and the same as the one in my box find several months back.
there seems to still be some around here , the Dr Pepper was near a road , the coloured side was face down in the leaves and faded side visible .

the Schweppes was found in a park , near some grassy areas and picnic tables

I also found a minute maid stubby last week but it had no label left , just the metal cap that said minute maid orange

PlaneDiggerCam

Sep 4, 2017
Southeastern CT, U.S.A.
I always seem to find lots of ginger ale bottles here in CT. One dump I came across had to have at least 50 1940s era whiskey flasks. So people must have used the ginger ale for mixers in the 40s and 50s. For some reason I do not come across that many soda brands. Even Pepsi and Coca-Cola are harder to find where I am.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelM77