Found a lot of old bottles near my moms new house--- new to this looking for info

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sbper

Reaction score
First of all I am new to all of this. My Mom moved into a new house and while walking the local creek she stumbled onto an area covered with old bottles. We collected as many as we could carry and only picked up ones that werent broken. We dont know much about them but would love any information you guys have. we will be going back to look for more and dig this time. these were all found on the surface. thanks for any info.
jbjDi1bgCWFLPl.jpeg
jbn3PHfjfxOqfF.jpeg
jy40Qt8psXOwj.jpeg
j7kwUyTVg6lKZ.jpeg
jbllI11mgKavYB.jpeg
jbjgDjLmhXPvbV.jpeg
jhysFtgTHNwyv.jpeg
jZRaYp5iZwV4e.jpeg
jAn6eIDQdm52T.jpeg
jJGvp0ZU3Fido.jpeg
jS3ci3eBJLjO6.jpeg
jc55rMt5jgpna.jpeg

Xaquin

Reaction score
looks like maybe 30s-50s maybe? very cool!

goodman1966

Reaction score
Nice start sbper! If this is a dump that was used for a long time the older bottles will be deeper. Dig a test hole in the middle of it and see what comes out. Post pics on here and someone will help you with the age. So far, turn of the century an after. There are some excellent people here that will help you! Mitch

Xaquin

Reaction score
The Chesebrough jar was vaseline

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Adam, Welcome to the A-BN & thanks for showing us your finds. It looks like you're into 1930's era glass, from the "Federal Law Forbids…" language on that spirits flask. You've found some iconic examples with the Bromo, the Vaseline, and that Certo. I cannot read the embossing on those 2 beer bottles. I'm guessing the one may be an Esslinger... There may be older glass beneath the surface finds. Good luck & happy digging.
2541817_1_l.jpg

sbper

Reaction score
thanks guys the one is defs an esslinger beer bottle

hemihampton

Reaction score
Let me know if you find any Esslingers Beer Cans. LEON.

Attachments

• 192de7af30d84ccf910a6dce710d0f86.jpg
    192de7af30d84ccf910a6dce710d0f86.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 79

rfellmanjr

Reaction score
People's - from Media ... right?If you are lookin where I think you are - be careful down there along that creek. It is a town park and the police will give you a hard time if they see or think you are digging... It's ok to pick them up though... they have stream clean ups all the time !! I would be interested to know if you found any Media Milk bottles or Medicine bottles..Have fun searching.PM me if you have any questions...Ron

sbper

Reaction score
yea its peoples media. its along the creek behind my moms house in that park probably where you think it is. not to worried about the cops. havent dug yet but i havent had to either all this stuff is just sitting at the surface.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94