found a New York 53 commerical license plate

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I'm in central Ontario , not sure if its common to find NY plates here or not , know a lot of americans came to this area during the summer in years past . but this is a commercial plate so not sure what type of vehicle it would of been for

it was in one of the nearby dumps I was poking around , I just happened to pull it out when I was cleaning up some nearby metal .

a lot of rust but all the letters/words still there says " COM 427 865 , NY 53 " , guess it still has a neat look to it , not sure what I plan to do with it , but I do have a few other plates in the garage

20210525_151905.jpg
20210525_154044.jpg
20210525_154049.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've never found a plate for anywhere other than the province I was currently in. Probably not too common to find out of province plates since they were usually only thrown out when the new one was issued. Maybe yours came on someone's truck when they moved to Ontario or when they bought a truck from someone in the US.

RCO

Reaction score
I've never found a plate for anywhere other than the province I was currently in. Probably not too common to find out of province plates since they were usually only thrown out when the new one was issued. Maybe yours came on someone's truck when they moved to Ontario or when they bought a truck from someone in the US.

highway 11 passes thru this area and that dump isn't that far away from it less than a KM

pretty sure that I've only found Ontario plates , other than 1 newer quebec plate I found at a boat launch

well it got here somehow

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado