Found a possibly rare Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Wednesday after work I stopped by a spot where they just tore down a House. Tuesday the back corner still had the concrete garage floor. i knew if i came back after garage floor removed good chance may find some bottles. SO, Sure enough come next day garage floor is gone & as usual i seen white ash & bottle shards scattered in dirt but very limited small amount. BUT, I see buried in dirt what looked like square bottom of bottle, which was 99% barely noticeable, I thought better chance it was just chunk of dirt. BUT, I pull it out & see it's the bottom half of a square Bottle. I wipe dirt off one side & nothing, 2nd side & nothing, 3rd side & nothing one side left to go & so far not looking good. 4th side & I felt some lumpy embossed letters under the dirt, Getting excited I look & see something I never seen before. A Detroit Bottle but with 2 city names on it. It said Saint Clair Heights & Detroit for the 2 city's. Never heard of Saint Clair Heights. but after research I see it was a village just outside Detroit City limits in 1891-1916. I went back today with shovel digging up a storm trying to find the top half or a whole one or anything complete. Nothing, just a couple of shards. BUT, Then it ends up a construction worker stops to say hey, whatcha doing? I say looking for old Bottles, Ends up he does the demolitions & turned out to be a nice guy saying he'll look for some for me when he tears down more houses. LEON.
ClairHeightsDetroitDruggist.JPG

Last edited:

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I like that once someone talks to ya, and realizes that you aren't up to no good, a junkie or homeless, the majority of people are either interested or indifferent.

Neat bottle. Too bads it's just a halfy..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu