Found a rare Bitter's bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yesterday on my lunch break i drove by a old house that was torn down. I stop to look around & in the back by alley in the dirt piles I find this Herzberg's Bitters bottle. knowing nothing about it i decide to look for some info on it. Did a search in here & zero, nothing, nada, comes up. SO, I figure that's odd, does that mean it's a rare one. then in a google search I find where somebody else asked about it. seems author of website does not know much but does know it's in the Ring & Ham Bitters book as Very Rare. Any Bitters Collectors in here know the Value of it? LEON.
HerzbergsBittersBottle.jpgHerzbergsBittersInfo.jpg

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Super cool Hemi. Rare bottles are not supposed to be easy to find.
I have a 1965 book by Richard Watson called Bitters Bottles that does not show it. In an index it mentions Herzberg Bros. Other than that, I got nothing. It appears yellowish. Nice find!

hemihampton

Reaction score
In my research I found more info on another Herberg's Bitters call the Spinx & it seems more common but still rare. not much info on this variation. LEON.

botlguy

Reaction score
It is listed in Ring-Ham Supplement at $300+. That means double that today in my opinion. I know folks who would be interested if you are going to sell it or it would go great in a major auction.
Jim S

hemihampton

Reaction score
It is listed in Ring-Ham Supplement at $300+. That means double that today in my opinion. I know folks who would be interested if you are going to sell it or it would go great in a major auction.
Jim S

My Digging partner Tom, sold a rare Flask we found at the John Pastor Auction last year & Suggested I should do the same with this bottle. I might try that route since I only collect Michigan bottles. LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky