found a small light green insulator on a farm

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I had noticed this small farm just outside of town had been abandoned for a while , rather small not really much there is a railway in backyard so not a lot of property , walked around a bit , checked out the old barn and saw some semi modern garbage near the woods, never found any bottles , then saw this old pole , maybe had been used as a clothes line and was a small light green insulator attached to it , though it looked neat and was in good condition so picked it up .

maybe made by dominion ? has a diamond on it , rather small , maybe 2 1/2 inches tall

20160415_115606.jpgP4150005.jpgP4150006.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
CD 102 Diamond Glass. Not worth a lot in that color but priceless since you found it "in the wild". That doesn't happen much any more. Nice find.
Jim
any idea how old it would be ? agree I haven't found that many nice insulators in the outdoors , are a lot of junk semi modern ones along the rail line , most of just left them there

143Tallboy

Reaction score
They made millions of those insulators. They were the standard telephone insulator for years, I'd guess 1895 to about 1915. Sometimes they have numbers on the back or the top. There is also a variant that has a very small number on the back (directly oposite the diamond) right below the wire groove - either a 1 or a 2.

sandchip

Reaction score
Nice find, and a beautiful old barn. Anything to the lightning rod balls on the ridge?

RCO

Reaction score
Nice find, and a beautiful old barn. Anything to the lightning rod balls on the ridge?

not sure never really noticed that on the barn , did notice when I drove by just the other day for sale sign was gone so someone must of bought it or something up

Ace31

Reaction score
It's always nice when you can find insulators on your own outdoors like that.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu