Found Five 1980s Soda Bottles (Like Perfect Condition)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PterodactOwl

Reaction score
a foam label is thicker & you can stick your finger nail into it because it's kinda soft. not so with a paper label. LEON.
Thank you! I found out that the Mountain Dew label is most certainly foam. Luckily, that label is in the best condition of all of them. Do you think it might be worth anything, given that it's a foam label?

hemihampton

Reaction score
I know the bigger 64 oz. foam labels from the 70's some like to collect & have maybe some Value. Unfortunately I don't think yours are old enough, rare enough or desirable enough to have much value. No Insult Intended. Certain 1960's Mountain Dew Bottles can have good Value. And certain older Cans. LEON.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I just looked it up, and I believe these might be foam labels, not paper. I said paper because I didn't know there was such a thing as a foam label. Could you tell me how I might identify a foam label versus a paper label? One thing I can see is that these labels aren't immediately damaged by water, and don't peel from something like tape (one of the labels had scotch tape on it, but peeling and scratching the tape off didn't cause the label to tear).
I can see that now. They are all foam label bottles. Keep them out of the light or the color will fade. Do not scratch the labels.
Thank you! I found out that the Mountain Dew label is most certainly foam. Luckily, that label is in the best condition of all of them. Do you think it might be worth anything, given that it's a foam label?
Worth little now. Hold on to it. Good foam labels are hard to find. Keep them out of the light and heat. Foam labels damage easily.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

PterodactOwl

Reaction score
I can see that now. They are all foam label bottles. Keep them out of the light or the color will fade. Do not scratch the labels.
Worth little now. Hold on to it. Good foam labels are hard to find. Keep them out of the light and heat. Foam labels damage easily.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Thank you for the advice!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Cool...I like my 80's stuff!..lol. So I distinctly remember still having the last of these glass packages in Canada at about 1992-94 then they went plastic. It's seems to me to as someone mentioned the plastic caps were near the end, the metal caps would be earlier.
Here is a few I have.
1615494716958.png

iggyworf

Reaction score
I like these kind. I have a bunch. I would say also 5 to 10 bucks at most. Actually the larger size foam label bottles can go for more.

EdsFinds

Reaction score
Wow! I come across a lot of 60s 70s bottles, and try to find reasons to keep them. I have also found (not many survived intact) 80s bottles, but they no longer have their labels on them. I still think about keeping those as well, but, I always leave them behind, since they are not collectible or worth very much right now. So what I do is to try to either bury them or put them in a safer place in the area to try to "preserve" them for the possible future collector to find when they may be more valuable. Kinda pass the torch on. Which is certainly what you should do. What a beautiful example of 80s nostalgia! I love the 80s! While they hold no value at this time, they will in about 15 to 20 years! So, my advice is to preserve and keep them for the future generation. Maybe you have a son or younger relative that you could hold them for and it might inspire him/her to start collecting as well!

EdsFinds

Reaction score
Damn! I see the pictures of these bottles and it gives me flashbacks to the 80s and the skating rink concession stand! Ahhh...where did the time go! LOL! What's interesting is that the skating rink still has the same more or less appearance as it had in the 80s!

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi