Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Found in 110 feet of water in Lake George, NY

mjmdfacc

Nov 13, 2020
They were intended to be kept lying down to keep the cork wet. There were stands that could be placed on a table. to hold it upright for serving. The stands are scarce, but make a nice go-with. I think they were only used with carbonated beverages.
Thank you

Sep 17, 2020
I'd say probably Irish, dates to 1880-1910, and contained ginger ale. Every marked round bottom bottle like this that I've seen was for ginger ale, and although some were used in North America the applied lip makes me think it probably comes from Ireland where the majority of these originated.
Didn’t know that bit! Thanks for sharing that because I was always told by my grandfather that was a type of water bottle!

LalaGirl

Apr 7, 2020
I've dived a number of these "round-bottom" bottles over the years. Many are embossed, while many are not. Here's a thread from 2009, discussing this style of bottle:

Cheers,
DSD
Thanks for the link! I enjoyed reading more about that type of bottle...

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
Just after I said that I'd never seen one marked for anything other than ginger ale, I came across a picture of this round bottom cream soda bottle. I suspect this is an example of a bottler re-using whatever bottles they could find though, rather than specially ordering round bottom bottles for their cream soda.
1605721719659.png

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NONNA