Found in 110 feet of water in Lake George, NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nickneff

Reaction score
Can some one tell me the approximate age and what may have been in it? thanks
Around here we call that time a bottle of torpedo always like them their they're cool you're never get that thing to stand up on its own LOL

Nickneff

Reaction score
Just a few sodas ( graphite pontiled) found with the coffee cups.
Bingo that's kind of stuff I like I love those type of bottles that's true old age there man where you getting this stuff I want to go keep digging

K6TIM

Reaction score
Around here we call that time a bottle of torpedo always like them their they're cool you're never get that thing to stand up on its own LOL
Hi nickneff,
The bottle you have torpedo shape bottle was made some where around 1870-80's.The bottle was made to lay on it side to keep the cork wet so the carbonated soda wouldn't blow out the cork.This type of bottles came into being before the hutchen blob top soda bottle about 1860-1900! there are a few of these machine made in early 1900!
Tim Durkin

RelicRaker

Reaction score
They used to use the empty round-bottom ginger ales as barge ballast to level the load. I've dug several from the 1880s, both embossed and slick. Fun find.

Nickneff

Reaction score
Hi nickneff,
The bottle you have torpedo shape bottle was made some where around 1870-80's.The bottle was made to lay on it side to keep the cork wet so the carbonated soda wouldn't blow out the cork.This type of bottles came into being before the hutchen blob top soda bottle about 1860-1900! there are a few of these machine made in early 1900!
Tim Durkin

Nickneff

Reaction score
That wasn't my bottle this is Nick I must have made a comment on the wrong piece sorry

K6TIM

Reaction score
They used to use the empty round-bottom ginger ales as barge ballast to level the load. I've dug several from the 1880s, both embossed and slick. Fun find.
Yes they are called "Torpedo" bottles.The bowling pen style of the same bottle has a "pointed end on the base of this bottle.

Kathy Lanctot

Reaction score
Can some one tell me the approximate age and what may have been in it? thanks
these are ballast bottles used to make the ship float evenly. They were put in stands along the sides of the boat and adjusted as needed.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky