found in one spot

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
these bottles and jugs where all dug in one spot. the square bot. 8" tall, 2 1/2" squ.,seam stops at shoulder,lip 1 1/4", beveled edges. the aqua botlle is a pontilled. clear round bottle 9 1/4" tall, 3 1/2 across base, seam stops 1/4" above shoulder, embossed CLG CO. on base. green bottle also CLG CO. on base. amber bottle 13 1/2" tall,5 1/2" across base,lip 1 5/8, seam stops 1/4" above shoulder, large 888 on base. the triaca whisky jug is 1/2 gal. any information on these bottles, jugs or aprox. value would be greatly appreciated. also possible date on triaca jug. thanks a lot, rhona

Zx72273.jpg

madman

Reaction score
hey rhona ,looks like you got a 1890s dump nice,those jugs are cool! i dont find to many of those, most are broken. as far as the clg co. ive got bottles that have that on the base also ,but have been unable to find any thing out about that mark, heres a pix of a bottle similar to yours

Xv64170.jpg

medbottle

Reaction score
Hi Rhona, nice dig. CLG Co stands for Carr-Lowrey Glass Company, from Baltimore Maryland. They were known for their colored glass, especially pharmacy bottles. Your deep green bottle looks like a citrate, but seems a little skinny for that type. How does it look in the window? If you can see the color, it would be worth more than if it appears black. I'm guessin' $25...$30? This is one of those "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" situations.

Check out this link for a list of glass makers marks: http://angelfire.com/pop2/collectorscorner/USA_bottle_marks.html

Be prepared for lots of pop-ups though.

The Triaca jug is a common jug in Baltimore. You might get $30-$40 on a good day. Of course, the antique dealers wouldn't agree. [:D] I think it's an 1890's piece, but I need to check on that.

I hope you can go back to that spot and find some more stuff to show us.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi madman, it would be nice if we could find one with a label, so we would know more about it. is yours a dug bottle? thanks for replying, rhona

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi medbottle, the green bottle only looks blk. in the thickest part of the glass, it's a pretty dk green. where i'm digging is an old house we bought on the eastern shore, and they apparently dump there trash at the edge of the woods for over a 100years. i wanted to attend the balt. bottle club meeting but my husband went out of town. he promised next month. thanks for the info. rhona

Zx72139.jpg

madman

Reaction score
hey rhona yea a label would be cool,yes this is a dug bottle , ive been digging in this 1890s to 1940s dump, but really, want to do the privy thing, ive dug a couple that were dipped , so i went back to the dump, theres nothing like digging up old bottles ya no good luck mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.