found more seven up , diet and Howdy cans from 70's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
last fall I found some cans dumped in a wooded area here , mostly all 7 up or howdy but mostly too rusted to clean up . although I did find a nice howdy cream soda and diet seven up .

so I went back to see if there was anything else there , turns out there were still more cans but these ones were down a bit deeper in the ground . some were also better preserved , pretty much all from around 1975-76 I believe

lots of seven up , diet seven up cans .

for howdy some Orange , cola , cream soda , root beer and grape . only really tried to clean the orange as I didn't have a nice one yet , is a couple with a lot of the original colour still . the root beer has some colour but only on French side and I don't even recognise the French word for root beer so it looks odd
muskokard10cans7.jpg
muskokard10cans8.jpg
muskokard10cans9.jpg
20210502_144923.jpg
20210502_145059.jpg
20210502_145223.jpg

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
last fall I found some cans dumped in a wooded area here , mostly all 7 up or howdy but mostly too rusted to clean up . although I did find a nice howdy cream soda and diet seven up .

so I went back to see if there was anything else there , turns out there were still more cans but these ones were down a bit deeper in the ground . some were also better preserved , pretty much all from around 1975-76 I believe

lots of seven up , diet seven up cans .

for howdy some Orange , cola , cream soda , root beer and grape . only really tried to clean the orange as I didn't have a nice one yet , is a couple with a lot of the original colour still . the root beer has some colour but only on French side and I don't even recognise the French word for root beer so it looks odd View attachment 224568View attachment 224569View attachment 224570View attachment 224571View attachment 224572View attachment 224573
Those Howdys look like they're "fan tabs" which should put them in the mid 60's.

RCO

Reaction score
Those Howdys look like they're "fan tabs" which should put them in the mid 60's.

pretty sure there from the 70's , the older howdy's only have oz on them , these have oz and ml , the cans they used around that time all look the same ,

this design of howdy can did originally come out in the 60's

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
is that a correct translation ? it did seem off and I can't recall seeing it on other cans
I've never heard it before, it did turn up a couple results on Google though so I guess it's not them just trying to write rootbeer in a French-sounding way like I first thought. Maybe it's an old Quebec-specific term.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora