Found my 1st true porcelain sign (Miller Tires)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
I found a new huge and promising dump on Wednesday and this was in different spots sticking out on the surface! It's actually my first porcelain sign, too bad it's pretty wrecked, but still cool! It is a Miller Tires / Geared-To-The-Road sign! I definitely have to go back and try to find the other piece. It was cut into four pieces when it was thrown in. There also could be more, especially considering this was found surface hunting!
IMG_20210526_185356_781.jpg

IMG_20210526_185356_935.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
I found a new huge and promising dump on Wednesday and this was in different spots sticking out on the surface! It's actually my first porcelain sign, too bad it's pretty wrecked, but still cool! It is a Miller Tires / Geared-To-The-Road sign! I definitely have to go back and try to find the other piece. It was cut into four pieces when it was thrown in. There also could be more, especially considering this was found surface hunting!
View attachment 225787
View attachment 225788

you can picture the old garages having lots of signs like this outside there buildings as they were often on busy roadways / highways

not sure why it was cut into pieces , perhaps for easier storage/ transportation

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
you can picture the old garages having lots of signs like this outside there buildings as they were often on busy roadways / highways

not sure why it was cut into pieces , perhaps for easier storage/ transportation
Sometimes they might cut signs for use in patch flooring or siding of buildings like barns.

Latest posts

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp