Found my first privy!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlehunt!

Reaction score
There is a big dump all around it, and thats where I got this bottle. I found a lot of info on-line, but not what
IMG_9280.JPG

its worth, any info would be much appreciated
IMG_9281.JPG

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
You are definitely finding some older stuff than your previous stuff. Very common but a good indicator that there could be some even cooler things around there. $1 -$5 at a flea market. Great stuff, I am always happy finding anything whole.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Those are so common (Like Pictures Castoria) that after digginf 30 or 40 or more I now just throw them back in the hole. Lately I've been giving them to the guys at work, Just gave my Boss one the other day. When you tell them well over 100 years old they say Wow, Really & I can have it. If you found that though could be better stuff there. Good Luck. LEON.

martyfoley

Reaction score
Good luck on your mission, should you decide to take it! Just kidding, I know you will do well!

hemihampton

Reaction score
If you found that in the dump around the privy, what did you find in the privy?

TrashPanda

Reaction score
Hemihampton I do the same thing. I give common bottles to co workers and friends and they love it. I believe it helps people get more involved in history and life before automation.

bottlehunt!

Reaction score
If you found that in the dump around the privy, what did you find in the privy?
Nothing except a ceramic mason jar lid, they seemed to throw around the privy. have not been there for a while actually but am planning to go today.

Flasks

Reaction score
Would not dig that privy unless you have protective gear on...lots of germs, viruses, etc. still active in that period. If possible dig the outside wall to the bottom and then break into the actual privy wall...this will give you the earliest period that the privy was used. Many times a second, or even a third privy was dug within a few feet of the first one.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi