Found some more bottles in my garage

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

opmustard

Reaction score
I am cleaning out my garage to make room for a small fishing boat. I found some bottles that were in some boxes.
Here is one of them. I am not sure where this came from. Really like it, but I think the top is a replacement. Wait, it might of come from a seller named JC something.
I don't have any idea what its worth or rarity, doesn't really matter. Used to buy St. Louis bottles from Tom Felton, but he didn't sell me this one. I heard he passed away.
opmustard

Attachments

• IMG_5322[1].JPG
    IMG_5322[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_5323[1].JPG
    IMG_5323[1].JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_5328[1].JPG
    IMG_5328[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 276
  • IMG_5331[1].JPG
    IMG_5331[1].JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_5326[2].JPG
    IMG_5326[2].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 270

sandchip

Reaction score
That's a good looking soda. Always liked that mold. The top looks original to me. What's giving you the doubts on it? If the black light doesn't light it up, and you can't feel a sharp edge down inside the top, it should be good.

I hate to hear that about Mr. Tom. He was a digging legend in St. Louis.

Merle

Reaction score
I live here in the St. Louis area and started collecting the soda a couple years ago. That is a bottle i haven’t got a chance to put on my shelf. I met Tom’s son at the St. Louis show this year. He digs too, got a couple sodas from him there.

opmustard

Reaction score
That's a good looking soda. Always liked that mold. The top looks original to me. What's giving you the doubts on it? If the black light doesn't light it up, and you can't feel a sharp edge down inside the top, it should be good.

I hate to hear that about Mr. Tom. He was a digging legend in St. Louis.
Took the black light and no resin or expoy, but when I felt the inside of the lip, there is a sharpness to it. Assuming that the top is a replacement.
opmustard

opmustard

Reaction score
I live here in the St. Louis area and started collecting the soda a couple years ago. That is a bottle i haven’t got a chance to put on my shelf. I met Tom’s son at the St. Louis show this year. He digs too, got a couple sodas from him there.
I never met Tom, but bought a lot of bottles from him.
Didn't know he had a son. Kind of nice that you met him and bought some bottles.
I have never been to the St. Louis Show, but would love to go.
I still have quite a few of his bottles in my collection. One of favorites is a very hard to find St. Louis pontiled mustard as well a hard to find smooth base mustard that he had dug. Some colored sodas as well.
Tom always had good bottles and he never lied about the condition. Great digger and seller.
opmustard

opmustard

Reaction score
If you ever want to part with any St. Louis sodas let me know. I have a few from him myself. Here’s what I’m working with right now
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you want to part with any St. Louis bottles? There are about 100 of your bottles that I would like to have. Nice collection!!!!!!!!!!!!
opmustard

Merle

Reaction score
I do have doubles of some. I’m to the spot now where it’s hard to find what I don’t already have. Need to start digging again. I’ll do a run through and check my doubles and post

bottles_inc

Reaction score
If you ever want to part with any St. Louis sodas let me know. I have a few from him myself. Here’s what I’m working with right now
Fantastic collection! Almost looks like you time traveled and picked up one of each brand new from the shops.

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
I am cleaning out my garage to make room for a small fishing boat. I found some bottles that were in some boxes.
Here is one of them. I am not sure where this came from. Really like it, but I think the top is a replacement. Wait, it might of come from a seller named JC something.
I don't have any idea what its worth or rarity, doesn't really matter. Used to buy St. Louis bottles from Tom Felton, but he didn't sell me this one. I heard he passed away.
opmustard
Nice early aqua mineral water, about 1850 or late 1840s. Moat mineral waters of that time are green, aqua is scarce and it looks pontil too, which is rare for aqua sodas.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi