Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Found some nice fruit jars! Searching for bottles at a 1920s era farm (part 2)

PlaneDiggerCam

Sep 4, 2017
Southeastern CT, U.S.A.
After searching for hours I didn't find any dump. Before I was about to leave I followed a rock wall that led to a bottle dump alongside it, which continued for as far as I could see! Here are the finds from that dump today! I will definitely be going back, we have only just begun!

20191110_164820.jpg

Back (left to right):
Whitney Mason Patd 1858, Double Safety, big 1920s cobalt, Blown P.D. and Co. bottle, and a P. J. Ritter sauce bottle.
Front (left to right):
Musterole Cleveland milk glass, Sauer's Extract, Lysol, Kellogg's, and a butter dish.

Can't wait to go back and find more!

Thanks for reading,
PlaneDiggerCam

Last edited:

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
I've dug that P.J. Ritter here in Michigan a few times. Believe they were from Philidelphia or somewhere in PA. Keep Digging & Good Luck. LEON.

yacorie

Dec 10, 2018
CT
The Whitney is nice and there are a bunch of varieties depending on where the dots are and how many above and below. Do you have a better pictures of the embossing?

PlaneDiggerCam

Sep 4, 2017
Southeastern CT, U.S.A.
The Whitney is nice and there are a bunch of varieties depending on where the dots are and how many above and below. Do you have a better pictures of the embossing?
Here you go (it has one dot below the word MASON): 20191113_162953.jpg

Hopefully I can go back this weekend if the weather warms up! There were signs of many old jars including cfgco. Monogrammed jars and a Glassboro Improved jar.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horace