Found these Bottles in my yard

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!
The first 3 images are of the same bottle, I figured I'd take a picture of the side to see if that helped identify the bottle. I actually found a bucket that had some of these bottles in. As I dug some more I actually hit what seems to be another bucket and a long rectangular metal object (from what I can see so far). Before I dug, I used my metal detector to see if I could find anything and sure enough I did. I'll be digging within the next few days to see what else I find. The house that I live in wasn't here in the 60s, nor were any of the homes in the development. It was all farmland and I'm not sure how it looked prior to the homes. I'll keep posting what I find!

That looks like a milking bucket, my grandpa was a dairy man and the bales on milking buckets were beefy like this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidW

Reaction score
In some areas of the country, there were old county / township plat maps published that actually showed where the houses stood, even back into the 1800s. There may or may not be available plat maps in your area but it is worth it to do a little researching for information like that. If your house was built in the 1960s, those bottles pre-date your house, and there is a strong possibility there were much older houses scattered around in the general area that have been torn down long ago.

I see on your bottles a "B in a circle" (Brockway Glass Company) and the "MTC" mark (Thatcher Glass Manufacturing Corporation). These are relatively recent bottles, but I still like learning about the glass manufacturers' marks, and getting a better idea of what company they stand for and how far back they were used.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi