Found this in an abandonned building

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score
Not even close to a bottle, just looking for info. It is a cured navel beef barrel that is 40 ounces and made by the w.f.shattock co Inc. It is labeled shattco brand and I am unshure of how old. Any ideas barrel guys?
20210519_205244.jpg

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score
Not even close to a bottle, just looking for info. It is a cured navel beef barrel that is 40 ounces and made by the w.f.shattock co Inc. It is labeled shattco brand and I am unshure of how old. Any ideas barrel guys?View attachment 225447
Sorry for the mistake, it is actually made by the f.w.Shattuck co Inc.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Has a 70s look to me, give or take a decade. Almost certainly not newer than the 80s and probably not much older than the 60s. The lack of metric would be a clue if it was a product intended to be sold in Canada, but could always have come up on a boat or something.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Looks like the 5 gallon plastic bucket began around 1967. It was all metal before that, but there's no good history on the evolution of those buckets that I found with a quick google search.

You'd probably have better luck with dating it by hunting down the company name...

Jim G

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
Not even close to a bottle, just looking for info. It is a cured navel beef barrel that is 40 ounces and made by the w.f.shattock co Inc. It is labeled shattco brand and I am unshure of how old. Any ideas barrel guys?View attachment 225447

For making “shat on a shingle” Navy and Marine breakfast food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1