Found this one Yesterday

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
Geez, on one hand, I'd love to live in a place like Detroit so I can have experiences likes this.

On the other hand, I'd want to live long enough to have experiences like this and Detroit would be detrimental to that goal.

Fantastic find!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Do you ask for permission to look through these properties or do you just kinda take a quick look? There's a couple old run down houses around here too and now you've gotten me excited. Lol
To answer this question, I rarely if ever go into a abandoned house that is all boarded up with no easy open access. But lots of these houses have no doors, no windows sometimes half the house missing & easy open access & sometimes not another occupied house or person around anywhere. on rare occasion i may peek in basement or attic. These are owned by the city & getting torn down, many have Demo Signs on the house. BUT, Most of the Bottles I find, Probably 99% of them are from Houses no longer Standing & Recently Tore Down. Perfect example is this House I stopped by after Work Yesterday to Check out. Pic below. Here I pulled up in Alley behind the House. LEON.
Packard2.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
After pulling up in Alley the first thing I look for is where the Garage once stood. Here is where the Construction Crew will remove Concrete Floor & dig a 2-3 foot trench around foundation of Garage. This is where I find most of my Bottles. Pic of where garage Stood.
Packard3.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
I searched around this Garage area in dirt & surprisingly no Bottles, Just a couple of Broken Shards.
P1070575.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
After finding this Goebel I go to look around the Dirt Pile & Hole left behind by once Standing House, now long gone. I don't usually find to many Bottles in this area but Yesterday proved different. Pic of where House once Stood.
Packard4.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
I walk around the outside of the Temporary Orange Fencing the Construction Workers put up looking for Bottles. I stayed outside this Orange Fencing unless I see a Bottle inside Fencing, In this Case I see across the hole a Bottle just laying there. SO, I venture over to other side & quickly jump into hole. Wearing my Work Uniform I look like a Construction Worker so rarely get Questioned.

Packard9.JPG
Packard9 (2).JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
SO, What was this Bottle you ask, Drum Rolllllllllll Please. Just a common Koppitz Melchers Brewing Company Crown Top Beer Bottle. And there you go, Step by Step Instructions on how to find Bottles at recently tore down Houses. Good Luck. LEON.

Packard11.JPG
Packard12.JPG
Packard15.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yes I would since it belong to someone.Otherwise you go inside a abound house you risk breaking and entering

No breaking & entering around here, at most just entering since alot of these Houses have no Doors or Windows to break through. I wouldn't recommended entering a abandoned House in Detroit as from my experience good chance you'll come across a Homeless Bum, drug dealer, gang member or other assorted unsavory Characters, most can be scary & intimidating, or some just ask for a Dollar to buy something to eat or Bus fare. Heres what most houses look like when I look around them, nothing but a dirt pile surrounded by Orange fencing. I actually drove by this House for Years wanting to peek under it's old back Porch that looked like it had Garbage under it. Never did & now it's gone. 2nd pic is where I found my first Goebel from this Story. LEON.
Packard16.JPG
Packard1.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac