Friday creek finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

zsmith333

Photographer, bottle hunter, dad.
Reaction score
1930s embossed squatty amber 7Up, top of a hutch, and half an oyster shell. Found the oyster shell on the bank of the creek that went next to this hotel/saloon/brothel that was closed in 1912.
13a8b24e79770b58a27a266be0c023db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mailman1960

Reaction score
1930s embossed squatty amber 7Up, top of a hutch, and half an oyster shell. Found the oyster shell on the bank of the creek that went next to this hotel/saloon/brothel that was closed in 1912.
13a8b24e79770b58a27a266be0c023db.jpg

What's up with the rubber duck. I would go back Looks like there might be something good around there.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
It’s my sons lol. Yeah, I wanna dig, but the county probation office is above the spot I found these lol

They might not like that. Any chance this is on a river. I have heard of some spots under police stations, roads, even a school. You got to be careful when you dig.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
They might not like that. Any chance this is on a river. I have heard of some spots under police stations, roads, even a school. You got to be careful when you dig.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Schools are quite a common one I think. Both of Ottawa's major universities are at least partially built on top of 19th century landfills. Landfills were one of the only sources of large tracts of land close to the city centre in the mid-20th century when a lot of universities were being founded or expanded.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Schools are quite a common one I think. Both of Ottawa's major universities are at least partially built on top of 19th century landfills. Landfills were one of the only sources of large tracts of land close to the city centre in the mid-20th century when a lot of universities were being founded or expanded.
Makes sense though since the dumps were no longer needed. I know a couple of the parks by me are covering dumps also. Easy fix spread dirt, plant grass and trees...you got a park.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

zsmith333

Photographer, bottle hunter, dad.
Reaction score
ROBBYBOBBY64.

This was on a big creek that’s classified as navigable public waterways. All was found on the surface. All in the creek

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,

I have always found dumps near schools for some reason. Luckily they are not too close and digging wouldn't interfere with the buildings or students.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Makes sense though since the dumps were no longer needed. I know a couple of the parks by me are covering dumps also. Easy fix spread dirt, plant grass and trees...you got a park.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Oh yeah loads of parks are built overtop of former dumps. I believe the majority of large urban parks in Montreal are built overtop of dumps. For one of them half of the landfill is even still active, while the other half has been turned into a park (pretty incredible to think that there's still an active landfill in the middle of a residential area in 2021).

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis