Fruit Jar Show Muncie, Jan 13

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

georgeoj

Reaction score
I will be set up at the show with great deals on good jars and I will be looking for very crude jars for my collection.
The convention center, in downtown Muncie, is a large and very well lighted venue. There are always very nice displays in addition to a large number of dealers in jars, bottles, etc.
George

EE8B78BFBB894A8B8CC34F0821A1CAFD.jpg

Attachments

• EE8B78BFBB894A8B8CC34F0821A1CAFD.jpg
    EE8B78BFBB894A8B8CC34F0821A1CAFD.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 85

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Thanks George; Though I know I can't go - I would like to hear about any examples of solid poured jars, where the hot glass was used to heat the molds for jar production. I know there are a few collectors in that area who have collected quite a few of them. It is fascinating to realize how molds were heated this way. They did it for a lot of bottles and insulators also, but the jars took a lot more glass. Enjoy the show. RED Matthews

georgeoj

Reaction score
It is a good central location but Muncie was the Home of Ball and Hemingrey and there were a fair number of other jar makers in the area. The real value of the show is in the fact that serious jar trading goes on at this show. While there are jars at every level available at the show, you will also see many jars that are very rare. This results from this show being a must for very many collectors from all over the US and Canada.

Bixel

Reaction score
I know one large collector who goes down and sets up every year. I know he normally does pretty well selling mostly Canadian jars. He has always talked about how great of a show it is.

georgeoj

Reaction score
Thanks Paul. Will you be able to get to the show? It is less than a three hour drive for me, from Jonesville. I hope to have both good sales and the chance to put something nice into the crude collection.
George

idigjars

Reaction score
I will be at a marble show in Indianapolis on the 12th. I have to check the distance from Indianapolis to Muncie.

If not too far I might swing by Muncie on the way home & check out some jars. I love room hopping.

Take care. Paul :)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn