frustrated by seller who won't ship bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
things are still going nowhere , new message offers to meet in person in a city far away in south western Ontario about 4 hours from where I live

or facetime to see what bottles they have left ? so there not even confirming if they still have the bottle

but still no picture of the bottle either

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
A good lesson to be learned here. As my buddy used to say "even if a person acts like a bum they aren't completely worthless as you can still use them as a good example of a bad example". Don't sink to their level just move on. Plenty of other bottles in the world to pursue and better people to interact with.

opmustard

Reaction score
Had a post on the forum that I was in the market for a pontiled Pennos Mineral Waters
Received two quick replies from different people.
No mention of price and when I asked for pictures, one seller stopped emailing me.
The other seller tried to send pictures, but something went wrong getting the pictures to me, again no mention of the price for the bottle. That was the last I heard from them.
I don't know what happened with either seller. I am not saying that they were scams, I just don't know what happened.
Your transaction doesn't sound quite right, but who knows what is happening with your seller.
I hope it works out in your favor, sounds like a good bottle.
opmustard

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
A good lesson to be learned here. As my buddy used to say "even if a person acts like a bum they aren't completely worthless as you can still use them as a good example of a bad example". Don't sink to their level just move on. Plenty of other bottles in the world to pursue and better people to interact with.

true obviously I'd buy the bottle from someone else if I knew of someone who had one but don't in fact a bottle version I've never even seen before

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Fact: most of what we collect was produced in quantity.
Fact: this means another example of that bottle you need is usually out there.
Fact: there are a lot of loopy, lazy, ignorant (truest sense of the word), shifty, difficult, and/or absent-minded people out there.
Fact: when such people play games at selling, you're not the problem.
Fact: end all interation when they start playing games and rely on patience.

RCO

Reaction score
This reminds me of another axiom.
Don't argue with a fool. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
o_O

I seem to have lost contact with the seller , there last message indicated they still have the bottle

so I asked for a picture but that was 8 hours ago and nothing

RCO

Reaction score
Fact: most of what we collect was produced in quantity.
Fact: this means another example of that bottle you need is usually out there.
Fact: there are a lot of loopy, lazy, ignorant (truest sense of the word), shifty, difficult, and/or absent-minded people out there.
Fact: when such people play games at selling, you're not the problem.
Fact: end all interation when they start playing games and rely on patience.

true most bottles were produced in large numbers

not sure what there issue is , either there trying to get me to buy more ? or really dislike shipping items

also had people who think the bottle I'm interested is worth more $ if I'm interested in it ,

did some research on the bottle and pretty confident it wasn't used very long and contains very hard to find city markings on back

but unsure of condition as I can't get them to send me a picture of front , haven't seen the front acl yet

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu