Frustrated

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jarhead017

Reaction score
I have about half of a six sided H F & B that me and my son dug. I'm proud to have that much of one. As far as the green bottle it looks English to me maybe an ale or mineral water. I can't make out the writing on it.
Green bottle says wm.h.edmondson on the top little underlined m after the w. Bottom says: s Winton

Jarhead017

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20210126_134750.jpg
    20210126_134750.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 95
  • 20210126_134742.jpg
    20210126_134742.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 98
  • 20210126_134603.jpg
    20210126_134603.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 96
  • 20210126_134610.jpg
    20210126_134610.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 101

glassdigger50

Reaction score
Still not sure if it is English or not, you will have to do some research to find out more about it.

sandchip

Reaction score
How do I tell if my bottle is brown or puce? It looks exactly like the example in the pic of Puce but I want to be sure.

Puce is one of the hardest colors to capture in a photograph. If you look in the mouth of the bottle through one side of the neck so that you're looking through one thickness of glass, or sometimes into the mouth towards a thin spot in the base edge or corner, and it looks pink instead of yellow, then you have puce. Thin amber looks yellow. Thin puce looks pink. Hope that make sense.

Once again, great bottle!

Jarhead017

Reaction score
Puce is one of the hardest colors to capture in a photograph. If you look in the mouth of the bottle through one side of the neck so that you're looking through one thickness of glass, or sometimes into the mouth towards a thin spot in the base edge or corner, and it looks pink instead of yellow, then you have puce. Thin amber looks yellow. Thin puce looks pink. Hope that make sense.

I'm going to have to have someone else look... I'm not good with seeing colors right now, but I think it's yellow...2nd opinion coming soon

Jarhead017

Reaction score
The HF&B is definitely the prize of the bunch, a beautiful whiskey. All I've seen are puce or claret in color and usually bring in the neighborhood of the prices being mentioned, depending of course on the condition. I don't know if I've ever seen a perfectly mint example. Yours sure looks great from a distance. I'd love to see more pictures of it. If it checks out as perfect, it might bring a premium. The other bottles are going to be of minimal value.
What views would you like?

Jarhead017

Reaction score
The HF&B is definitely the prize of the bunch, a beautiful whiskey. All I've seen are puce or claret in color and usually bring in the neighborhood of the prices being mentioned, depending of course on the condition. I don't know if I've ever seen a perfectly mint example. Yours sure looks great from a distance. I'd love to see more pictures of it. If it checks out as perfect, it might bring a premium. The other bottles are going to be of minimal value.
What views would you like, anything specific?

sandchip

Reaction score
What views would you like, anything specific?

I just wanted to see more pictures of a great bottle. As far as a condition assessment goes, that's something that should be done in hand, by you or a knowledgeable, trustworthy bottle collector. Sorry if my comments were misleading. Of course, if you're closeby to middle Georgia, I'll be glad to look it over for you.

Jarhead017

Reaction score

Thank you for the tip... It definitely looks puce. I'm seeing seeking prices from $900 - $1400. How can I get a true ballpark value of this? Antique shops have been no help.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora