Full 1915-1923 Chero Cola bottle from eBay!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Burkenhill

Reaction score
A soda bottle capped and still full with ORIGINAL contents as it came off the production line by the bottler is extremely, extremely rare. Some of the giveaways that it has been re-filled at some time in the intervening years of course range from a newer cap on an older bottle as already mentioned, contents that ARE NOT moldy or contents that are as full or filled higher than the original amount it would have been originally filled with. The seal on the cork cap inevitably fails after 90 plus years as in this case, allowing air in or to cause leaks or evaporation. I have to say that anybody that buys a soda bottle that is capped and full and believes the bottle to have original contents is naive. Having said that, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and $20 plus shipping for a bottle with a correct cap, filled or not, is not out of line. Enjoy your purchase.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
There's actually an Ebay seller who bought an entire estate of nothing but filled soda bottles. One of the largest collections in the country. But I think all the bottles are 1950's and up. If a person has the right machine there are ways to recap the bottles. Still, the price paid for that full Chero bottle isn't much more than an empty one would cost anymore.

Soda

Reaction score
That's a 1930s cap on a bottle discontinued in 1923. If you want an original label I have some listed on eBay.
Thanks for the heads up! Thankfully there are refunds on it so I didn't lose any money either. I plan to open it up and see what they filled it with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu