Full 1915-1923 Chero Cola bottle from eBay!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Soda

Reaction score
I paid only 20 dollars for it. I myself couldnt believe the price, especially for a full example of its age (it did come from a non collector, which definitely had something to do with it ;D). It is however missing the label, which I'm buying soon. If anyone knows how to apply the labels to the bottle, please do tell! The bottle was produced in Columbus, Georgia.

Attachments

• 20200102_171610.jpg
    20200102_171610.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 348
  • 20200102_171616.jpg
    20200102_171616.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 333

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Actually $30.00 since you had to pay for shipping but who's counting. Anything that you can get unopened from that far back (almost 100 years) is a great find.

Soda

Reaction score
Actually $30.00 since you had to pay for shipping but who's counting. Anything that you can get unopened from that far back (almost 100 years) is a great find.
Yeah shipping has gotten insane. It's almost as if you have to pay double the actual price of the bottle.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That is pretty early for a sealed crown top bottle. While I hate to be negative, personally I'm suspicious that it may have been refilled recently. The caps from that era had cork liners which have a tendency to decay over time, though if it was kept in perfect conditions I suppose it's possible that the contents are original. However, that exact Chero Cola cap is also currently available online, unused, for $3.

Soda

Reaction score
That is pretty early for a sealed crown top bottle. While I hate to be negative, personally I'm suspicious that it may have been refilled recently. The caps from that era had cork liners which have a tendency to decay over time, though if it was kept in perfect conditions I suppose it's possible that the contents are original. However, that exact Chero Cola cap is also currently available online, unused, for $3.
Yes, but I bought it from someone who didn't sell any other bottles and I only paid $30 for it. If they were knowingly scamming, I'd feel like they would charge way higher for it. Also, I have a cork sealed bottle from around the same time with the paper seal unbroken and original contents still in there, so it is definitely possible to be original.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't expect them to be scamming you, but it is possible they were mislead. I've been sold refilled bottles by people who didn't know any better in the past. Regardless, $30 certainly isn't the end of the world one way or the other.

kolawars

Reaction score
That's a 1930s cap on a bottle discontinued in 1923. If you want an original label I have some listed on eBay.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown