Galveston Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Here is some of my aquas...mostly peppersauce or other condiments.

Attachments

• aqua shelf.jpg
    aqua shelf.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 114

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Here is some of my aquas...mostly peppersauce or other condiments.
I like the aged look sometimes. You get some of the best looking stuff. That one lying down with the seal, is it a sauce or an olive oil? It looks huge. Great post by the way. I like the way you keep adding to the same Galveston dig post.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Its a "Zara"...contained Maraschino Liqueur. It is super tall.

I typically don't get stuff in my collection cleaned...I get the dirt off, use a little muriatic to get some of the deposits out, but the haze/etching/stain stays. I personally like it.

This site gets a little cluttered with posts sometimes...since I am a repeat poster mostly posting about my digs it makes sense to compile them all in one post. It's also fun for me to go back to the beginning and scroll through sometimes...lots of memories.

east texas terry

Reaction score
Been a while since I posted a dig here so figured I'd get one up. Went digging last Sunday and ended up digging 5 holes. First was a trash pit-found one local pharmacy bottle. Second through fourth holes were duds...stuff was too new (1930's). Fifth hole was a nice 4' x 4' x 6' privy loaded with glass from 1900-1915 or so. Mostly broken, but I did rustle up 4 more local pharmacy bottles, a couple local hutch sodas, a very hard to find large Galveston brewing bottle (these commonly come in a smaller size but this larger (quart?) size is the first intact one I have dug in 7 years), and a super hard to find Galveston flask...also the first of this variation I have dug in 7 years. A super hole and I'm aching to get back out and do some more digging this coming weekend!
Very nice

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Wow!!! Such great stuff. That lady leg whiskey is amazing , as well as that soda bottle!
Love both sodas ….super nice. Is that’s your kid, being raised right? My daughter was raised like that- now that she’s grown, she is still digging - has her husband hooked and she’s raising her kids like that too. Good addictions for life, beyond the hoarding part of this thing! We are a sick bunch always looking for heaps of garbage or old toilets….who would have ever thought ….

Last edited:

nhpharm

Reaction score
Went out Saturday for a dig...dug a strange pit that turned up a fair number of bottles, though most were nothing special. I did, however, find a bottle I have been searching for since I started digging in Texas...this super fancy Marschner crown top that I suspect was this company's first crown top. The mold maker was extremely skilled that made this! Also found this neat amber Palo Pinto bottle, which appears to have held mineral water salts sold by JJ Schott of Galveston. I've never seen an example of this bottle before, so that was exciting (though the bottle does have some damage). In my son's hole, we found this neat railroad baggage tag so that was pretty cool!

Attachments

• gg1.jpg
    gg1.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 93
  • gg2.jpg
    gg2.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 95
  • gg3.jpg
    gg3.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 99

Members online

Latest threads