Galveston Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Went out Sunday and found a nice old 1870's pit. Dug some cool stuff including a very odd Cantrell & Cochrane dumpy torpedo. Love getting into this older stuff! Mockingbird Food bottle came out of a second hole...always fun to find those. Everyone seems to have had one down here!

Attachments

• Galveston11.jpg
    Galveston11.jpg
    951.2 KB · Views: 114

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Went out Sunday and found a nice old 1870's pit. Dug some cool stuff including a very odd Cantrell & Cochrane dumpy torpedo. Love getting into this older stuff! Mockingbird Food bottle came out of a second hole...always fun to find those. Everyone seems to have had one down here!
Nowadays it is illegal to keep migratory birds. The torpedo would have been a day maker for anyone. That's a great spot your digging in. Thanks for the pictures, amazing as always!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Yeah...I was pretty excited about it. A cool color too.
I've never seen this variation or a Cantrell & Cochrane that wasn't aqua, usually taller. My favorite of your finds by far. Thanks for the close up pictures, I'm sure they do not do it justice. So happy for you. Thanks again.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Jimmy Langford

Reaction score
Once again, I don’t know how to express how FUCKING RADICAL the stuff you’re finding is. Shit, you must hit the $100 quota every single fricken time you dig !!! Crazy stuff dude.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
These are the ones I am used to. Aqua and taller. Thanks for that picture Hemi.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Thanks! We find the aqua long ones often-Galveston was a port city so lots of them came in. Like you all have said, until I dug this example, I had never seen one of the fat light amber ones.

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score

Beautiful opalessence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado