Garden path made of broken glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ccpe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Messages
90
Reaction score
170
Points
33
I kept finding so much broken glass that I decided to put it through my rock tumbler to use for my garden path. I'm going to add rope lights under the glass. The pics are of about 10 gallons. I'm going to need a lot more! 80% is found glass and the other 20% is flea market/thrift shop glass. The photos show the path dry and wet.
20210612_152918353_iOS.jpg
20210612_152910180_iOS.jpg
20210612_152910180_iOS.jpg
20210612_152918353_iOS.jpg
 

willong

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
775
Reaction score
723
Points
93
Location
Port Angeles, WA
I kept finding so much broken glass that I decided to put it through my rock tumbler to use for my garden path. I'm going to add rope lights under the glass. The pics are of about 10 gallons. I'm going to need a lot more! 80% is found glass and the other 20% is flea market/thrift shop glass. The photos show the path dry and wet.

I love it! I've long contended that the best method of recycling is to reuse the product or material.
 

Toma777

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 20, 2021
Messages
110
Reaction score
152
Points
43
Location
Pacific Northwest
It reminds me of beach glass. One of my older brothers used to always pick up beach glass, and fill old mason jars with in. He did it when he lived in New Hampshire (about 1980-2010). He's in Florida now, and I'm not sure if he walks the beach anymore.

I wish I had those jars. He didn't pay on his NH storage units, and they got auctioned off.
 

ccpe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Messages
90
Reaction score
170
Points
33
It reminds me of beach glass. One of my older brothers used to always pick up beach glass, and fill old mason jars with in. He did it when he lived in New Hampshire (about 1980-2010). He's in Florida now, and I'm not sure if he walks the beach anymore.

I wish I had those jars. He didn't pay on his NH storage units, and they got auctioned off.
I'm FL and haven't found any glass on the beaches yet. I'm always looking for fossil shark teeth. Total bummer about the storage unit - that glass would be awesome!
 

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
81,154
Messages
729,618
Members
21,809
Latest member
zadoc
Top