geo cache find by accident

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

splante

Reaction score
came across this while walking spooky tucked away just off a trail in the woods..geocache gnome Guess its a game people are playing with their gps units, I opened the box it had all diffrent items in it, it said if you take one leave something else..i just left it alone since I wasnt playing the game..guess this game is a worldwide version of hide and seek

9387C73AC5F34D679710A37690873BFF.jpg

Attachments

• 9387C73AC5F34D679710A37690873BFF.jpg
    9387C73AC5F34D679710A37690873BFF.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 77

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hey Steven,
I found one last week ( mine was a fish and tackle box painted in camoflage)at the Bulltown Glass works in the middle of the Wharton State forest in the New Jersey pine Barons.It looks like a neat thing to do kind of like a scavenger hunt mystery. I did the same thing you did but I left a note and told the next person to hide it better as all I was doing that day was visiting an 1858 glass works site and found this pretty much in the open near a Cranberry bog sign at the existing bog right next to the glass works at the dam. This area was flooded out pretty extensively last week during the Hurricane. The box belonged at the site as most of the items and clues left were bulltown related I just cant tell if it moved form a better hiding spot because of the storm.

Bixel

Reaction score
With geocashing, sometimes the hiding spots are tough, and sometimes they are very obvious once you get near the point.

Steve, if the box you found was laying on the ground, I would imagine it was washed there by the water. Normally, they are hidden in a tree, or laying behind a log, or something along those lines when out in the woods. I have never seen once just laying in the open.

I have found a couple in my travels, and always just left a note saying I found it, but never took anything or left anything.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Kyle,I might have to join in on this it looks like a lot of fun.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Found one a few years back on the obs post (artillery range) near Grayling MI. Looks like its been there awhile. I guess if you like the hide and seek thing....makes as much sense to me as CB tag (as in CB radios)....

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
You're supposed to sign the log book and take the item and leave something of equal or greater value. Every once and awhile someone leaves something really cool.
http://www.geocaching.com/
There are a few sites and apps for caching but this is the main one. click play > View Geocache Map
You probably pass 10-20 caches a day. Fun little scavenging hunt with the family on the weekend or you can search for a more difficult one for a challenge.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Last time I located the position I took a silver pocket watch and left a Burger Kingâ„¢ coupon.. buy one big mac get one baked potato free.. I hope someone finds it soon, it expires Friday..

splante

Reaction score
yes I checked the website and may go hunt for a few who knows maybe stumble on a few old dump areas near by, ididnt really konw the rules so ill go back today and sign the log.wondering how many are lost because kids or other find them raid them and just chuck them somewhere hopefully many dont get screwed up. website www.geocache.com has a place to enter your zip code and get hint and directions on how many are hidden in your area...got me thinking what if we did this with bottles find one hidden swap and leave another would only work in areasehere lots of members are near by, just a thought

botlguy

Reaction score
My Daughter and her Boy Friend are into Geo Caching big time, they go regularly. They have one on our property out here in the woods. As stated, there are different levels of difficulty, some near impossible to find as they are hidden in containers that appear to belong there. I will thank you for her that you did not disturb the containers, many do and it ruins it for the searchers. It's good, clean family fun and exercise.

splante

Reaction score
Ive actually joined the website and am amazed on how many are with in a few miles from me. seeems like almost all the local historical cemetarys have them hidden and all the parks. A big park nearby (Roger Williams) has dozens. New hobby while I take the dog for walks. Found about 5 so far.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky