Georgia Diggers?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MedBottle1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for digging partners around the Albany, GA area or the Statesboro/Savannah, GA areas. I go to Georgia Southern and would love to do some digging on the weekends. I don't know much about privys or digging way down into the ground (I have dug up some 50s-60s sites near here, but I am looking to join someone to help them out and find some cool bottles. Thanks :)

Poison_Us

Reaction score
We would love to do this, but Savannah seems to be pretty picked over, from what we have been told. Would have to travel out a ways. We don't have maps or access to them to see where we could dig. At the moment, we can't even try it in our current situation. Only thing we could do is some old house or building hunting to check for stuff tucked away or forgotten.

MedBottle1

Reaction score
I completely understand. I was at an antique shop in Statesboro and found a fair amount of old bottles and poisons that had stickers that read "found in Savannah, 2010." I guess they are still searching down that way. Let me know if I can help you in any way. I would love to find some stuff.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
There are like 3 shops in Brunswick I want to check out, but the wife always peeters out on me and wont let me stop at them after her doc. appt.
If you can find out what poisons that shop has, let me know.

MedBottle1

Reaction score
They are just common poisons. Small blue and green square bottles that say "NOT TO BE TAKEN." They wanted $15 a piece for them and I was like NOOO WAY! I still don't have a poison bottle :(

grime5

Reaction score
do you know a professer ernie wyatt at ga southern?if so tell him to give me a call.i am greg grimes.he is or was a bottle collecter last time i talked to him.pm me for my number if you get up with him. thanks greg

downsouthdiggers

Reaction score
We live down in brinson. I have 1 dump I have been getting bottles from but still haven't stopped to dig. My wife and I would love company sometime tho. Found some medicine bottles (common vicks, moroline, and bayer co div) I'm sure there is some nice stuff there somewhere tho

Reaction score
Im looking for somebody to dig with in North Georgia if anybody needs a partner.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu