Getting a tumbling machine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Merle

Reaction score
He has extra bearings and everything to keep me up and running. I’m ready to start cleaning some bottles

hemihampton

Reaction score
I definately see one big motor, maybe 2 & up to 4. I never seen a funky looking set up like that but looks elaborate & complicated compared to my simple set up. He must be a professional Fabricator with some Skill. As long as it works I guess is all that matters. One Questions, Looks like 8 Tubes, Question is do all 8 tubes spin at once, even if doing 1 Bottle??? Or can you pick & choose each individual one to run & run any amount you want to run? LEON.

Merle

Reaction score
I hope to be able to answer all those questions all soon. Im sure gonna have fun trying to figure it out. I have boxes of bottles that could use a good cleaning. Once I get good then on to my personal collection

willong

Reaction score
I’m picking it up tomorrow. I’ll follow up after I get it set up and going.
Looks like someone knew what they were doing. I see a pretty fair investment there just in the pillow block bearings, sprockets, chain, reduction pulleys and motor; not to mention the value of the copper, which Leon already pointed out.

willong

Reaction score
I definately see one big motor, maybe 2 & up to 4. I never seen a funky looking set up like that but looks elaborate & complicated compared to my simple set up. He must be a professional Fabricator with some Skill. As long as it works I guess is all that matters. One Questions, Looks like 8 Tubes, Question is do all 8 tubes spin at once, even if doing 1 Bottle??? Or can you pick & choose each individual one to run & run any amount you want to run? LEON.

I think it's one motor Leon. The rest look like jack shafts with reduction gearing via pulleys or sprockets. The one funky element for me is that tension appears to be adjusted via wooden wedges. But like you said: "As long as it works..." ;) Wedges are quick.

Merle

Reaction score
Guys I was wrong. You set the different size tubes on top the machine and they turn on it. I made out good. About 14 doffing size tubes and over 200 lbs of copper and boxes of cleaner powders. He’s been a cleaner for the state archeologists for over 30 years and hung up his hat. I believe I got lucky

hemihampton

Reaction score
Whats a doffing size tube? did you mean different? I can't tell you if you got lucky or got a good deal unless I know how much you paid? How much did you Pay? Curious minds wanta know????? Congrats, LEON.

Merle

Reaction score
I got everything for 1000.00 bucks. Gonna have to find some help to get carried in and set up. He had a lift to put it right in my truck.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal considering just the Copper would cost you more then that. Any Cerium with the cleaning powders? LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Wow, massive difference! I have got to get one of those. Just a little more trying to make these others work for me…. Just a few more busted bottles-And I will have one…. The struggle is real! It’s just a bit like trying to make a vacuum cleaner out of a wash machine. Rock tumblers will break your stuff, too- even with a ton of precautions. Especially that new vibratory one. Lol! How long did you have to tumble your bottle? The difference is incredible. Pretty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only Tumbled it for 3 Days. My Tumbler spins faster then most so I think that makes it work Quicker? Even though the Bottle looks good & big improvement it really could use another 3 days. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado