Getting a tumbling machine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Wow, massive difference! I have got to get one of those. Just a little more trying to make these others work for me…. Just a few more busted bottles-And I will have one…. The struggle is real! It’s just a bit like trying to make a vacuum cleaner out of a wash machine. Rock tumblers will break your stuff, too- even with a ton of precautions. Especially that new vibratory one. Lol! How long did you have to tumble your bottle? The difference is incredible. Pretty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shouldn't be Breaking any Bottles, if you are your doing something wrong. In my opinion I would strongly advise against any vibration or Rock Tumbler. I'd suggest something more like from the Jar Doctor. LEON.

Csa

Reaction score
Guys I was wrong. You set the different size tubes on top the machine and they turn on it. I made out good. About 14 doffing size tubes and over 200 lbs of copper and boxes of cleaner powders. He’s been a cleaner for the state archeologists for over 30 years and hung up his hat. I believe I got lucky
Dang. Home run. The 7 tumbling tubes sit on top of the 8 drive tubes. Very cool. I’ll send you some bottles to work on

Merle

Reaction score
It killed me getting it in the basement. I just started filling tubes. Gonna start a run either tonight or in the morning. I got 50# of aluminum and 10# of 1200. All kinds of odds and ends. Hope I get good quick so I can get my personal collection shining. Looks pretty cut and dry. First 7 are just common crown tops and a couple common blob sodas. Can’t wait to see how they come out

hemihampton

Reaction score
So these 8 drive tubes aint the actual tubes? never heard of that? so what do the actual tubes look like?? LEON.

Merle

Reaction score
It’s a really neat set up. I couldn’t get anyone to help me get it in so didn’t get to mess with it that much. Here’s what it looks like in operation.

Attachments

• EA14D9BB-C30C-474A-80F3-1F26F6E83542.jpeg
    EA14D9BB-C30C-474A-80F3-1F26F6E83542.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 189

hemihampton

Reaction score
OH OK, I see how it works now. the steel rod going into or through drive tubes is what most other tumblers use for the actually tubes to ride on. LEON.

Merle

Reaction score
I put all 7 on this morning. She’s turning all with no issues. I will let you all know how the first clean turns out. It rotates 70 rpm and I was told run for 4 days. Run two days one way and flip and run another 2. Does that sound right? I hope I loaded everything right. I put a few crows and common blobs so no loss of not. I hate the hurry up and wait game

hemihampton

Reaction score
70 rpm is a little on the fast side but that's similar too mine. some will have 2 speeds, slow 40 rpm & fast 60 rpm approximately. not sure what you mean by flip? flip what, tube or bottle? I've never flipped my tube & not sure if it would make a difference? LEON.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
70 rpm is a little on the fast side but that's similar too mine. some will have 2 speeds, slow 40 rpm & fast 60 rpm approximately. not sure what you mean by flip? flip what, tube or bottle? I've never flipped my tube & not sure if it would make a difference? LEON.
When I purchased my machine, the doctor suggested that I flip or turn the canisters around to reverse direction, that way both sides of the embossing are tumbled equally. Easy for me to do as I only have a one tube machine.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
I put all 7 on this morning. She’s turning all with no issues. I will let you all know how the first clean turns out. It rotates 70 rpm and I was told run for 4 days. Run two days one way and flip and run another 2. Does that sound right? I hope I loaded everything right. I put a few crows and common blobs so no loss of not. I hate the hurry up and wait game
The key is patience, I was excited when I first started and couldn't wait for them to be done. It's good to start with common or less valuable bottles but that won't last long, I was doing my better bottles after doing only a couple. I haven't broke one yet, and I am guessing I've done close to a hundred by now.
Congratulations, looks like you got a good deal on the machine.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu