Getting landowner permission to dig/creekwalk

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

zsmith333

Photographer, bottle hunter, dad.
Reaction score
Pretty self explanatory, how do you go about getting landowner permission to walk a small creek that doesnt classify as a navigable waterway? There are some small creeks in my town that I want to walk, but they run through or are near houses. Thanks! I am in Texas BTW.

ccpe

Reaction score
Pretty self explanatory, how do you go about getting landowner permission to walk a small creek that doesnt classify as a navigable waterway? There are some small creeks in my town that I want to walk, but they run through or are near houses. Thanks! I am in Texas BTW.
Most counties will have an appraiser's website that you can search by GIS map. It will tell you who the owner is and their address. If they live on the property, go knock on the door. I have found several landowners that way. It seems like a lot of people aren't interested in bottles and don't mind if you take them.

LalaGirl

Reaction score
Most counties will have an appraiser's website that you can search by GIS map. It will tell you who the owner is and their address. If they live on the property, go knock on the door. I have found several landowners that way. It seems like a lot of people aren't interested in bottles and don't mind if you take them.
Thank you this info! <3

RCO

Reaction score

it really depends on the location/ situation . sometimes its ok to just walk thru , if its posted or someone obviously lives there it be to ask them first if you felt the area was worth the trouble

I poked thru a creek the other day but it was rate beside a major road and ran thru a semi unused piece of land owned by the town , which is treed and technically a park but I've never seen the town ever use it for anything all these years

ccpe

Reaction score
it really depends on the location/ situation . sometimes its ok to just walk thru , if its posted or someone obviously lives there it be to ask them first if you felt the area was worth the trouble

I poked thru a creek the other day but it was rate beside a major road and ran thru a semi unused piece of land owned by the town , which is treed and technically a park but I've never seen the town ever use it for anything all these years
If you go on publicly owned land, just tell them you are picking up trash if ever asked.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp