GII-67 buyer wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pontilpete

Reaction score
I'm brand-new to the community, so... forgive any unintentional blunders?I have a GII-67 flask, perfect condition, beautiful green color, history is known to me.I'm not a serious collector (flask was in my family), so I wish to sell it. Auctions = too much commission, plus I want this to go to a collector who values it, not a dealer who's looking to make a killing.Anyone have any suggestions on how I can find such a collector?Appreciate it muchly...

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hi, I see your in Maine. You could try 49TH-NEW-ENGLAND-ANTIQUE-BOTTLE-CLUB-ANNUAL-SHOW-SALEand see if you find someone. Norman Heckler may be set up there also and you could discuss it and maybe his auction terms.Either way it can get a good visual inspection which will help in determining what it may be worth. They are in the $500-$2000 range depending on a few factors.

pontilpete

Reaction score
I appreciate the show/sale link; wasn't aware of that. I will look into it, thanks!!I've already corresponded with Norman. He advised around the $3500 area, but again, the commission is significant if an auction is involved. And selling to a dealer... well, he needs to make money too.But... if collectors attend the show and sale, then perhaps that is the answer. Thanks again!!!

bottle man

Reaction score
Hi, just read your post. I collect these types of historical flasks. Could you pm me with pics and let me know what you want for it.
Thanks
Kevin

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So, I could be interested also, but I don't have a lot of cash. I could trade glass, but that cost a lot of shipping expense. i am trying to find it in one of my books - but haven't found it yet.RED M.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
pontilpete said:
I appreciate the show/sale link; wasn't aware of that. I will look into it, thanks!!I've already corresponded with Norman. He advised around the $3500 area, but again, the commission is significant if an auction is involved. And selling to a dealer... well, he needs to make money too.But... if collectors attend the show and sale, then perhaps that is the answer. Thanks again!!!
That seams generous to me but perhaps you provided more information to him. Maybe he recognizes it as one he sold in the Gardner sale, IDK.A good glass auction can make a better call on mold strike, color, lip treatment etc. and advertize it to people I think your looking for. They take responsibility for things going south if they do also, unlike ebay or something. I think it's well worth the commission just for that.

MuddyMO

Reaction score
So, what's the update on selling this flask? Did you get what you expected?

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well, you can send me an email with the info and a picture or two - and tell me what y0u would like to get for it. <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com> RED M.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi