Ginger Ale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim Cognito

Reaction score
I need spme advice, I am not a collector but I have an old ginger ale bottle and would like to know if it has value as a collectible.
9C4B9508-20FB-440A-A380-00D993A88BED.jpeg

Attachments

• 31AD91B1-ECE2-4511-B7A5-88C950B24AD5.jpeg
    31AD91B1-ECE2-4511-B7A5-88C950B24AD5.jpeg
    984.2 KB · Views: 135

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oh yeah these absolutely have value. In good condition they generally go for a few hundred dollars, yours having a damaged label will bring the value down but it's still definitely a desirable collectible.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
The label is what makes these and yours does have significant damage. If Canadian says in "GOOD CONDITION" they go for hundreds I doubt yours would go for that. Just in my opinion it is only about 10% of an undamaged example, but you'd have to have someone who wanted it first. That could be the kicker. Keep it until you find a better example for yourself.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The label is what makes these and yours does have significant damage. If Canadian says in "GOOD CONDITION" they go for hundreds I doubt yours would go for that. Just in my opinion it is only about 10% of an undamaged example, but you'd have to have someone who wanted it first. That could be the kicker. Keep it until you find a better example for yourself.

I've seen damaged versions of these still selling decently well, not for hundreds but maybe for 30% or so of a good example. That was a few years ago though, I don't know how the market for them is doing today especially with the economy these days. Doesn't look like any have sold on Ebay recently, but five or ten years ago this was by far the most valuable ABM soda bottle from BC (except maybe for a rarer version of the same brand which I've never seen come up for sale). I think the cartoon memorabilia collectors drive up the price of them because they aren't rare by any means, they just sell bizarrely well. I suspect most of the time it's not even bottle collectors buying them because I've never seen the same thing happen with any other Canadian paper label ABM soda.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94