Gini - Bitter Lemon by Pure Springs flat top can

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
metal pure spring ginger ale canView attachment 226924, you can see the price tag I paid $1 for it at a thrift store in eastern Ontario around 2020 , wasn't sure at time if it was worth anything but it was a can I hadn't seen before or found in the wild

View attachment 226923
Interesting, I haven't seen that one around Ottawa before and Ottawa is littered with Pure Spring bottles all over the place. I have a suspicion that they might have only been using cans for locations too distant to bother with a bottle return system, but I'm not sure about that.

RCO

Reaction score
Interesting, I haven't seen that one around Ottawa before and Ottawa is littered with Pure Spring bottles all over the place. I have a suspicion that they might have only been using cans for locations too distant to bother with a bottle return system, but I'm not sure about that.

I found it at a thrift store in Arnprior Ontario so assumed it was found somewhere nearby

there are some pure spring bottles with similar logo's on them

don't find a lot of pure spring bottles or cans around here , find the odd one now and then but not especially common here

hemihampton

Reaction score
that Pure Spring & many other Pure Springs come in a Cone Top can also. LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
found another gini bitter lemon can , this one on a hillside near where other was found , found with metal detector , would of never checked that spot otherwise , no reason to assume a can might be buried there

similar condition as other can , rust spots , lots of colour for bottle , more rust on gini logo

DSC04146.JPG
DSC04149.JPG
DSC04149.JPG
DSC04150.JPG
DSC04151.JPG

Canadacan

Reaction score
I believe I have the pull top version, Pure Spring used them all cone tops, flat tops, pull tops.
BTW!...that Brio cone top is extremely rare!
I do love how the can depicts the bottle.

RCO

Reaction score
I believe I have the pull top version, Pure Spring used them all cone tops, flat tops, pull tops.
BTW!...that Brio cone top is extremely rare!
I do love how the can depicts the bottle.

pure springs was a major bottler so I'd imagine they had a fair number of different cans in use over time

never found any other flat tops from pure spring , I don't find cans from them very often here

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch