Given these cans but I don't collect them.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've fixed many crushed cans, better then anybody & can easily make a fake out of any can. When you find rusty cans 9 out of 10 they will be common. on rare occasion you may find some rare ones in there. Sell that Special Brew cone to the Rusty Bunch people, then you'll see how much it's worth. Good Luck. Some before & after pics.
crunchedoiside.jpg
trublubackcrushed.jpg
trubludoneagain.jpg
flattenedmartincone.JPG
martinscleaned.JPG

Last edited:

embe

Reaction score
If nobody else wants that lucky lager can I'd be interested.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Since they came straight from an old shed to me and considering the dust and rust, I'm going with the real deal.
Keep in mind that can collecting was a big hobby back in the 1970s - far more popular than it is today. That was 50 years ago now, so it's not at all hard to imagine the cans someone collected ending up in a barn and sitting there for decades. Cone tops, especially rare cone tops, were very collectible back then too even though they weren't nearly as old as they are now. In the case of yours I can see the paint is damaged in an odd way around the rim of the can body, which would make sense for someone using heat to weld the two pieces together.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I made this fake Goebel cone in about5 seconds, already had the spare cone laying around & no top on Goebel. If I was to spend a little more time grinding off Goebels top rim & sliding this fake cone into place it would look real & fool any novice, ameture, non collector. wouldn't fool a real collector. No welding or glueing necessary. LEON.
GoebelCone.JPG
GoebelCone2.JPG

yacorie

Reaction score
I recommend the rusty bunch for all things cans - fake is fake no matter where you are - but that is a large group of fair and honest people

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yes, take these cans to the rusty bunch. or sell on ebay.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
You cant find anything on the Southern Brewing cone top because it was never made in a cone top. it was only made in a flat top. The can you have is a home made phoney fake, no insult intended. You could try selling these as a group on ebay. Good Luck. LEON.

p.s. if anything any good in there the vultures lurking in this site will be sure to contact you, probably by P.M.

Yeah, I've seen southern brewing cone tops, but they were never made in that style.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen southern brewing cone tops, but they were never made in that style.

Looks like your lacking in your Beer Can Knowledge. Sure, Southern Brewing did make a Cone top, BUT, That's Southern Brewing Co of Tampa Florida. The can above is Southern Brewing Co of Los Angles California. Maybe you can convince somebody in rusty bunch it's real & rare only one known to exist, you might get offered thousands or try that on ebay & maybe you'll get thousands. Good Luck.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's another rare only one known to exist cone. can & top is rusty so must be real? Fitger's Low Profile, 2nd can from right end.
fitgerscones.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi