Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Glass Vase (old?)

sscokebottles

Aug 13, 2010
Holt, MI
First off, I don't know where else to put this since it's not a bottle, but if there is a better place I will move it.

I recently took a trip to Canada and popped in some antique stores along the side of the road as I went. I got some great deals on some great bottles, including a clear Paine's Celery Compound and a quart size Aromatic Schnapps in a pale olive green. But, I'm stuck on this piece. When I first saw the thing, it caught my eye on how old it looked. Since the price was so cheap, I figured I couldn't lose and bought it out of curiosity. It is very crude with applied handles, a pontil on the bottom, considerable base wear, and lots of rainbow frost from I think it being in the ground. Can anyone tell me the age of it? Is it early american glass or is it more modern than that?

ScottBSA

Jan 17, 2011
Very interesting find. My very first thought, because of the color and bubbles was a piece of glass from Mexico. But can you fake that much oxidation? I think it is a nice vase. It has great lines and color. A fine piece of window dressing. It'll be interesting to see what others think. Scott

NHkeith

Apr 15, 2013
hey I think its cool, not matter if its old or new. If you like it, thats all that matters...

epackage

May 3, 2009
Jersey
I think it's a very good piece of glass and I believe it's age is real. I love the job they did on the handles and the overall form is appealing to me, nice find....

2find4me

Feb 28, 2012
Looks old to me, I wish I could determine between Modern & Antique pieces like these... [&:]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevin2