Gone dump diggin'

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Well, took a break today......or so I thought. Planned to recuperate on the couch today after the back killer I recently dug, but nooooooo! The nubie wants to go dump digging! Only been privy digging with me so far and watched the dump diggers on youtube hackin' an a slashin' at the dump walls. So I thought, "What the hell, why not." So I took us to my old standby dumpsite where I have yet to be skunked. We got to digging and before I knew it, we were hackin' an a slashin' too! It was hard as a rock! I remember how critical I was watching the dump diggers whacking away at the glass and wondered how they avoided breaking everything. I broke into one nice pharmacy bottle but by and large I faired rather well (lucky) avoiding further destruction. Dug about a dozen whole bottles and kept only four- the Kings New Discovery, a tall Kilmer's cure sample (in all my years I only dug one other tall one, but dozens of the short ones), an odd sized Glyco-Thymoline, and what I initially thought was a local pharmacy turned out to be the coolest bottle of the day- With an embossed winged dragon, "Red Dragon/Flavoring Extract/Bell, Conrad & Co./Chicago". It was the last bottle of the day before calling quits. Never seen or heard of this one. Any info on it from anyone in the Chicago area? Or elsewhere for that matter? Never been big on extract bottles but this one is something special. Think I will stay close to the couch tomorrow! Dump diggin' ain't so much easier, but was fun to see so much glass! Yum!

Attachments

• 7ff2ec9d48d54688856b0ea4ceca14d1.jpg
    7ff2ec9d48d54688856b0ea4ceca14d1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 1b5e9b18445e43d5b55cb29aa43a9f87.jpg
    1b5e9b18445e43d5b55cb29aa43a9f87.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 80

botlguy

Reaction score
With a DRAGON on it? How could you NOT keep it? Thanks once again for sharing your digs with us Jack, you seem to have a special way of telling the story that puts me there, almost. I don't have to get dirty. [8D] Jim

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
I would love to try some of that there dump diggin Mr. Jack! Good show! I'd call that a successful dig any day!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi