GOOD LUCK... BAD LUCK

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Got my 1999 Ford Ranger worked on this week. New rotors, alignment, and a couple of other little things. Cost a bit over $600 and man it drove sweet. Put new plates stickers on it and with over 209,000 miles on it I was looking forward to going on even more adventures in it. Well was heading down the road to go visit THE LITTLE DIRTY DIGGERS today and have a bit of fun digging. Halfway there and the oil pressure shot to zero. Pulled over to check and when I started up the engine the check light was on. Called for a tow (another $95) and after getting to the shop... the engine has locked up. It's like losing a good friend... I'm going to miss little red. So I am feeling a bit low tonight.

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
I got a 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac & did the same thing. new motor, New Everything in past 5+ years. Just put $1,900 into it & now Fuel Pump goes & they tell $600 to fix. After putting over $10k in this heap to keep it running not sure what to do with it now. Actually went out & bought a much newer & nicer Vehicle & now the Ford sits. You know what Ford Stands for don't you?

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

Found
On
Road
Dead

Donas12

Reaction score
Got my 1999 Ford Ranger worked on this week. New rotors, alignment, and a couple of other little things. Cost a bit over $600 and man it drove sweet. Put new plates stickers on it and with over 209,000 miles on it and was looking forward to going on even more adventures in it. Well was heading down the road to go visit THE LITTLE DIRTY DIGGERS today and have a bit of fun digging. Halfway there and the oil pressure shot to zero. Pulled over to check and when I started up the engine the check light was on. Called for a tow (another $95) and after getting to the shop... the engine has locked up. It's like a little losing a good friend... I'm going to miss little red. So I am feeling a bit low tonight.
When you’have that many great adventures I’m sure it’s hard to part with...

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Got my 1999 Ford Ranger worked on this week. New rotors, alignment, and a couple of other little things. Cost a bit over $600 and man it drove sweet. Put new plates stickers on it and with over 209,000 miles on it and was looking forward to going on even more adventures in it. Well was heading down the road to go visit THE LITTLE DIRTY DIGGERS today and have a bit of fun digging. Halfway there and the oil pressure shot to zero. Pulled over to check and when I started up the engine the check light was on. Called for a tow (another $95) and after getting to the shop... the engine has locked up. It's like a little losing a good friend... I'm going to miss little red. So I am feeling a bit low tonight.
Lol.....not that it's funny, but I owned the same year in a 4x4 with a 3.0, it also was climbing towards 200k when out of the blue it broke a connecting rod on, of all days, Christmas Eve, it actually got me back home....barley.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Got my 1999 Ford Ranger worked on this week. New rotors, alignment, and a couple of other little things. Cost a bit over $600 and man it drove sweet. Put new plates stickers on it and with over 209,000 miles on it I was looking forward to going on even more adventures in it. Well was heading down the road to go visit THE LITTLE DIRTY DIGGERS today and have a bit of fun digging. Halfway there and the oil pressure shot to zero. Pulled over to check and when I started up the engine the check light was on. Called for a tow (another $95) and after getting to the shop... the engine has locked up. It's like losing a good friend... I'm going to miss little red. So I am feeling a bit low tonight.
I heard about your car trouble. Funny you've posted it. I blew the camshalf on my GMC pickup going out to PA. When I opened my hood on the side of the road my engine was white hot. Engine was totally done for. The dirty little diggers,they got a few jugs and that embossed whiskey. Have you dug with them before? Nice spot their in.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I heard about your car trouble. Funny you've posted it. They got a few jugs and that embossed whiskey. Have you dug with them before? Nice spot their in.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Haven't dug with them yet. It was going to be the 1st time and I was really looking forward to hanging out with them. They are new to collecting and digging.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Haven't dug with them yet. It was going to be the 1st time and I was really looking forward to hanging out with them. They are new to collecting and digging.
They seem like good people. I saw them digging with Digger Dave. There is always next time.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score

Sorry for the loss of your wheels, UB, it is truly a kick in the pants when machines let us down.

My 2011 Chevy Traverse was just turning over 110,000 kms. when it blew a timing chain ( there are 3 of them! ), which required an engine overhaul ( blessedly covered under warranty ). 1 month later the engine quit ( threw a rod ) and I have to wonder if the re-build / re-install was to blame; in any event, they put a new block in ( again, under warranty ) and she's run fine ever since ( now sitting at 270,00 kms. ). I wanna keep her as my dive chariot, as it's ideally suited and has suffered a lot of bumps n' bruises from hauling my gear around.

The warranty for the drive train was 160,00 kms. and the timing chain failed at 154,000 - sometimes ya get lucky.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu