Got a 40lb package of bottles the other day

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stardust

Reaction score
I got a phone call the other day from my good friend Dean telling me there was a package for me @ his house. I think it was a blessing in disguise to have him carry it into my house ~ [;)] The mystery box was from rockhounder55, (Mike). He had sent me a link recently about someone here that had received a lot of bottle and most were broken. When I told he I had got the package he wanted to know were any broken? NO, they were all packed so nicely, each bottle in a bubble wrap bag. With layer and layers of special wrap in between. I was so excited, and started to open some of the packages.

I was having a bottle high for sure. There were broken shards turned dark purple in a jar for display, a purple bottle, a beautiful vase he had dug up, med bottles, beer bottles, bottle feeder, cosmetic jar, greens, browns, gold, wicker. I had to stop and rest, before I opened the rest. I had been through a lot lately and I decided why not let it be a morning treat with coffee. [;)] It felt like I was digging and birthing bottles. Now if only they could make a light weight dirt and sell boxes of bottles to those of us who can't get out anymore.[;)] I had so much on my dig at home Mike. Thank you so very much for all that you do for me all the time.That was a gift of the day that kept on giving and giving...

There was also some old RR spikes and sage that I love.
Thank you so very much Mike, oh my bottle magazine finally came today.Thank you again for that... : ) Your friendship has been a gift to me also.
star *

Stardust

Reaction score
So, Mike knows that I have been having bottle hunts in my garden for my granddaughter and grandson for the past few years.Last year he got me the needed bottles and shipped them to me. This year my oldest will be 7 soon and has been saying, "I know you put them out there Nannie." "What is there a bottle Fairy?" "Come on tell me," and "I see there are less bottles in the house after you have a hunt for us." Today, my nurse had just left before they came, I can't go out to the back yard this year, I scattered bottles around the front garden. I had my bottle hunt with only my granddaughter today, my grandson would rather play with my china cat teapot collection and make them all talk to each other...

She tells me that she knows I have put all the bottles out this year. I finally confess, and tell her a very nice person has sent them to me to make this happen this year. She grabs all her bottles and gets newspaper and starts wrapping them up. She looks up and says could you please thank him for me. I said yes. When we went inside and got the RR spikes out everyone was excited. Her brother called them needles, and mom said I'll hold them for you up on the antique shelf. those are cool.

I hope to haves some pics for you Mike, I found an old camera that I'm charging back up. everyone wanted to know about the wizard's oil. My granddaughter wanted to buy the jar of purple shards off me lol, but I want to enjoy them for a while. She knows she gets everything sooner or later. lol ~ She walks out of here each week with so much stuff. lol [:D] I give it to her on her birthday in august with because she is having a party where all the gift go to kids who are sick or don't have gifts. She's a sweetie. She thought of this all on her own.

So like I said before, your gift just keeps on giving and giving...I sure have made a collector out of my granddaughter. My grandson seems to like those candy glass containers dogs, trains, cars. His glass have to have a purpose. lol ~ I'll have to look for them on ebay or the flea market
Thanks again for all your acts of kindness ~
star ~ *

Stardust

Reaction score
Please excuse my typing errors, hard to work through migraines and not have the edit button. I think you'll understand what I was saying ~
Take care all ~ *

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu