Got a stumper.......

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brutalfly

Reaction score
So my dad sent me a picture of an insulator he got and I have been searching and searching o try to figure out what it is but I keep getting stumped so I thought I would try here to see if anybody knew. Here are some pictures.
IMG_6264_(1).jpg
IMG_6263_(1).jpg
IMG_6262_(1).jpg
IMG_6261_(1).jpg
IMG_6260_(1).jpg
IMG_6259_(1).jpg

Wire connects to both sides and we think it pushes in something until it hits the two contacts on the side. Thanks for your help.

BillinMo

Reaction score
Yup, Eric's description is spot on.

These used to appear on power poles next to a transformer. Old-time linemen used to call them "widowmakers."

In this photo, the fuse cutouts are white, so they contrast with the rest of the rest of the insulators. You can see them mounted on the middle crossarm.
https://www.insulators.info/pictures/?id=594249512

Jamdam

Reaction score
A great place to see and sell insulators is Pole Top Discoveries. I believe it’s an Ohio based outfit. I once bought an ink on their auction site but insulators are their real forte. The folks there are also a great resource for identifying your insulators.

willong

Reaction score
Yup, Eric's description is spot on.

These used to appear on power poles next to a transformer. Old-time linemen used to call them "widowmakers."

In this photo, the fuse cutouts are white, so they contrast with the rest of the rest of the insulators. You can see them mounted on the middle crossarm.
https://www.insulators.info/pictures/?id=594249512
Thanks for posting that informative link!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp